Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/21p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_21p00_beta1.zip

I ended up finishing this new modeling stuff earlier than expected so...

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-2” amp modeling:

• Improved Amp block output transformer algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models B-H curve resulting in a clearer low end. New algorithm now also accounts for effect of speaker impedance on transformer response.
  • Improved power tube modeling. This yields better dynamics and improved low frequency accuracy.
  • Improved cathode follower algorithm. Provides more accurate “cleanup” when volume is rolled off.
  • Various other improvements.
The default values of various parameters have been updated. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values upon load.

Added “Griddle Cake” Drive model based on a Crowther Hot Cake. The “XLF” switch on the pedal can be replicated by turning the Bass Response knob fully CW.

Improved Drive block modeling to more accurately model effects of op-amp finite open-loop gain and GBW product.

Added Brit Studio 20 Amp model based on a Marshall SV20H.

Added Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped Amp model. This is simply the jumped version of the Plexi 50W 6CA7.

Improved modeling accuracy for following Amp models:

• Plexi 50W Jumped
  • Plexi 100W Jumped
  • Brit JM45 Jumped
  • 1987X Jumped
  • 1959SLP Jumped
  • Plexi 100W 1970
  • Deluxe Tweed Jumped
Renamed USA Clean to USA Rhythm 1 to be more in line with actual amp.

Reduced CPU usage in some cases.

Fixed wrong coupling capacitor value in 1959SLP Treble, 1959SLP Jumped and 1987x Treble amp models.

Fixed wrong resistor value in tone stack of Solo 88 Rhythm and Lead models. Probably not audible though.

Fixed low frequency behavior of Recto2 models due to loss of precision.

Fixed High Mid control in Drive block set to minimum when importing presets created prior to 19.01.

Various other fixes and improvements.
BTW
@FractalAudio, may you add in brackets next to the USA Rhythm 1 its a clean channel. Because as I know myself I will search for it really long and won't remember it renamed.
Something like USA Rhythm 1 (Clean)
Will help me a lot

Cygnus X-1 is a galactic X-ray source in the constellation Cygnus and was the first such source widely accepted to be a black hole.

"Cygnus X-2 is a persistent X-ray binary with a long orbital period. The observation of unambiguous type I X-ray bursts shows that the accreting component is a neutron star rather than a black hole."

fever GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom