Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the real amp don’t have a mid knob and you want to add mids, just turn on an eq in the amp block Eq part
Take 5f1 tweed for example, There is only one gain knob in authentic
having everything on the ideal page is handy.
input/ Output eq in the amp block is not the same as using b,m,t to change it,
For example if you tweak the tone stack centre frequency , the b,m,t knobs are affected and help you get the desired out come, but the output eq is not.
Ya i know most people dont mess with such settings but the ideal page currently serves as one page for most tweaks.and its quick.
I dont mind doing two pages but it is not what some of us want that settings like bright cut etc are seperated from the b,m.t , mv , gain settings on a seperate page.

Last edited:
I’d like to be a two pager and not mixed together. If authenticity is what is striven when it comes to the actual amp sound, it should also be a thing in Axe Edit.

High Treble is on the Ideal tab in Axe-Edit.

Things like High Treble, Fat, Cut, etc. would not be lost.

The problem is with, for example, amps like the AC-20. The real amp has no tone controls and the tone controls in the model don't do anything. So I'd rather have a "Tweaks" page that has the little tweaks as opposed to an "Ideal" page that has controls that may not actually do anything.
That would work.

Also I love to have the "Jose Mod"/Fractal Saturation switch in the Friedman BE page and turn it into a JBE for example.

The Jose mod/Saturation function is my go-to 'overdrive pedal' in all of my amps. I have a Control Switch mapped to it and love how it retains the character of my tweaked amp(s) while piling on some distortion. Perfect for leads and the 'push over the cliff'. An awesome feature for sure...

I do have a Drive block setup in my presets for a different flavor, and have the Control Switch setup to engage/bypass it with the Hold function on the switch. Best of both worlds...

Exactly. There should be a Tone page and then a "Tweaks" page. The Tweaks page would contain things that the amp doesn't have but could be modified to have, like a Depth control or a Bright Cap, etc.
ok, definitely 100% on board with this

"Tone" feels a bit generic. I still like "Authentic" (or maybe "Amp"), ie: a page that has all the knobs and switches you'd actually see on the physical amp.

Back to the beta - how good are the Dumbles now? I’ve never enjoyed them before - but I’ve played until my fingers are shot just on the edge of breakup with a Tele.

So dynamic!

This latest update is off the charts for me anyway - sounds like a different amp modeler - ease of leads and the sound is far superior than any other version I've tried

I would be scared to loose its current state of bliss :)
I agree. It’s sounding better than it has.

Maybe this is a feature request, but one thing the Axe has taught me.... I like headroom within the amp. Whatever the headroom parameter measures in the simple tone page for an amp block, I always hate it when it is pegged at -1 or 0dB. I much prefer it when I palm mute and the max it goes up to is in the 5-3dB range.

I always raise the level block to compensate. With that in mind.... is there any way to do this across all amps in one fell swoop?
You can't do that globally because it's Amp / setting dependent.

That represents how hard the power section is being pushed as far as I understand it.

Lower the Master Volume...

perhaps captain obvious here is going to be burned at the steak for heresy... but all my life I've thought of the plexi as a hi-mid gain amp... and just now coming to the conclusion that it's a pretty solid semi-clean amp. you really can't quite clean them up and that sort of put me off a bit till now... was always trying to wrangle them into higher gain applications but goofing around with the 6CA7, 6CA7Jumped, and the 6550... and finding they fit well into that sort of classic rhcp/hendrix dirty clean kinda niche. I know - "no da mike v".
Try sticking a volpan in front, set to go from about halfway up to full blast, or just roll your volume on the guitar back. The lower signal really helps get the Plexis to clean up, and you can play your whole gig with just the volume on the guitar (or pedal).

Vol-Plexi70%2068%20Pnstrp%20T3B%20%5B9%5D3.syx
EDIT: ran into a snag importing this into my FX3 from the FM9 - quite a few of the modifiers had the first modifier set to 0% in the mix of the two controller sources, and quite a few others had both set to 100%, which is not what I'd expect for a preset imported from the FM9 - given that it doesn't have a second controller source to mix in. Might be a bug in AxeEdit (@Michael Pickens?), but reporting it here in case anyone downloads this preset and wonders at the marvelous silence.... :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice update!
I just have a problem with the speaker thump
On FAS lead 1 amp, and on FAS Rythm amp, there's a lot of sub frequencies added when turning speaker thump up
I don't have the issue on other amps, or in previous firmwares
Does anyone experience the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom