Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding of the idea isn't to remove any controls completely, it's just a reorganization.

-The Authentic page would have only the controls that exist on the real amp.

- The Tweaks page would contain any additional controls that apply to each specific model.

Net would be a clean separation between the real-world controls and any other extended options Cliff can provide, and there wouldn't be any controls that don't actually work.

Fine, but I'm confused about what would happen with the current "ideal" amp tone controls. Are you saying no controls would be duplicated between "authentic" and "tweaks"? For example, on a Deluxe would I find Bass and Treble on the authentic page and Middle and High Treble on the "tweaks" page?

I always use the ideal page, and the extended tone controls, even for amps like tweeds. It's going to be tedious if you have to bounce between two pages to do everything that can be done on the ideal page today.

Fine, but I'm confused about what would happen with the current "ideal" amp tone controls. Are you saying no controls would be duplicated between "authentic" and "tweaks"? For example, on a Deluxe would I find Bass and Treble on the authentic page and Middle and High Treble on the "tweaks" page?

I always use the ideal page, and the extended tone controls, even for amps like tweeds. It's going to be tedious if you have to bounce between two pages to do everything that can be done on the ideal page today.
That's why I'd most prefer a combined page with authentic controls somehow marked / coloured, and with non-functioning controls greyed out / inoperable.

This would tell me everything I may want to know on one page: what's authentic vs what's a tweak, and what's not available for the selected amp.

Last edited:
perhaps captain obvious here is going to be burned at the steak for heresy... but all my life I've thought of the plexi as a hi-mid gain amp... and just now coming to the conclusion that it's a pretty solid semi-clean amp. you really can't quite clean them up and that sort of put me off a bit till now... was always trying to wrangle them into higher gain applications but goofing around with the 6CA7, 6CA7Jumped, and the 6550... and finding they fit well into that sort of classic rhcp/hendrix dirty clean kinda niche. I know - "no da mike v".

High Treble is on the Ideal tab in Axe-Edit.

Things like High Treble, Fat, Cut, etc. would not be lost.

The problem is with, for example, amps like the AC-20. The real amp has no tone controls and the tone controls in the model don't do anything. So I'd rather have a "Tweaks" page that has the little tweaks as opposed to an "Ideal" page that has controls that may not actually do anything.
For what it's worth, I see absolutely no reason why you should not implement this. At least from the end user's perspective.
Thanks Cliff and team.

This firmware hit the sweet spot on many many amps! i hope its freezed and done with for the public release.
Love how this one sounds!.
TBH the ideal page is singularly enough for most tweaks. The dead buttons/ knobs on some amps is the only issue with it.
Tone + Tweaks/ Mods bifurcation would be fine apart from the fact that we will now have to switch to two pages.
I wouldnt mind if its kept as it is as well.

i dont care how the real amp sounds or what controls it has, the axe 3 for me is to do things which real amps cannot anyway.

perhaps captain obvious here is going to be burned at the steak for heresy... but all my life I've thought of the plexi as a hi-mid gain amp... and just now coming to the conclusion that it's a pretty solid semi-clean amp. you really can't quite clean them up and that sort of put me off a bit till now... was always trying to wrangle them into higher gain applications but goofing around with the 6CA7, 6CA7Jumped, and the 6550... and finding they fit well into that sort of classic rhcp/hendrix dirty clean kinda niche. I know - "no da mike v".
never thought of plexis as natively hi-gain - more representing "the beginnings of mid gain" historically with "hi-gain" arriving many years later - but I notice they can be worked into hi-gain territory with some fanaggling.

Last edited:
Ah I see,
In that case, do what you will please!
Thanks
Pauly

High Treble is on the Ideal tab in Axe-Edit.

Things like High Treble, Fat, Cut, etc. would not be lost.

The problem is with, for example, amps like the AC-20. The real amp has no tone controls and the tone controls in the model don't do anything. So I'd rather have a "Tweaks" page that has the little tweaks as opposed to an "Ideal" page that has controls that may not actually do anything.

Maybe this is a feature request, but one thing the Axe has taught me.... I like headroom within the amp. Whatever the headroom parameter measures in the simple tone page for an amp block, I always hate it when it is pegged at -1 or 0dB. I much prefer it when I palm mute and the max it goes up to is in the 5-3dB range.

I always raise the level block to compensate. With that in mind.... is there any way to do this across all amps in one fell swoop?

If the real amp don’t have a mid knob and you want to add mids, just turn on an eq in the amp block Eq part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom