Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not totally sure but I think the idea of the turbo was to have more complex presets, not a more cpu intensive firmware than the non turbo Axes, at least I hope that's what will happen.
who knows, but as a former developer, if I'd see a bucket of horsepower there, I'd be tempted to,... "dip into it" lol!. Also, wrt more complex presets - a full processor is appearently (?) dedicated to mostly amp block processing + not really open to end user management other than which amp features they select (and currently there's no restriction on selectable amp features, or using 2 amp blocks, for mk1/2 users) , so the turbo version increased that Amp side processing capability by 25% or whatever % the Turbo added - at some point I would imagine Fractal will want to start using that capacity which would mean I need to get my bank account ready for an upgrade!😁

The higher you crank the Master Volume, the less effect the bright cap has. With the new Overdrive Volume Control, you can crank up the Master to make things less bright, but keep the same amount of power-amp distortion by turning down Overdrive Volume.
Correct. Also, most, if not all, Dumble-style amps have a Ratio/Volume/Lead Master/etc. control so this makes the models complete in that regard. My Fuchs ODS 50 does NOT have a bright cap on the MV but it has an "Output" control for the overdrive channel that is in series with MV.

who knows, but as a former developer, if I'd see a bucket of horsepower there, I'd be tempted to,... "dip into it" lol!.
Could be but being a small company with limited time resources, I'm not sure Cliff would want to have yet another device specific firmware version to deal with. Just a guess of course as Cliff is the one who will decide what to implement & how to do it. We'll see what happens!

I cannot predict what Cliff will be doing in the future regarding the FM3 or FM9... nor the MKI and MKII... I have the MKII.

But, considering that two of these units (floor models) are relatively new... plus the Turbo. I would be inclined to believe that there WILL be further updates for some time before there’ll be no more.

I still have my ol’ Ultra, and IIXL+. Look at the ‘shelf life’ these past units had with updates.

Moral of the story... relax. Your current magic box still and will sound stellar.

P.S... concentrate on your guitar playing, instead of hoping you’ll get a magic update that will improve your chops 10 fold.

Which ODS model is best for creating a modern Santana sound. I am trying to create a patch for The Game Of Love.

I tried both HRM models yesterday, but was getting too boomy of a sound on the lower strings. I tried taming it with the speaker block and input eq on the amp block.

Which ODS model is best for creating a modern Santana sound. I am trying to create a patch for The Game Of Love.

I tried both HRM models yesterday, but was getting too boomy of a sound on the lower strings. I tried taming it with the speaker block and input eq on the amp block.
Just try them and see what sounds best, there will certainly be one thats more fitting than the others for that tone/song

Two Stone J35 models seem to have really benefited from whatever happened. Closer to what I remember playing! Really nice.
Might I respectfully suggest that the default impedance curve for that model (and actually several other ODS models) be switched to the Two Stone 1265?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom