Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p05_beta1.zip

EDIT: An updated version of Axe-Edit is available here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-08-to-support-fw-20-05-public-beta-1.187137/

NOTE: The Brit Studio 20 model has not been verified against the real amp yet. The real amp is due in next week and the model may require adjustment based on measurements.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “Griddle Cake” Drive model based on a Crowther Hot Cake. The “XLF” switch on the pedal can be replicated by turning the Bass Response knob fully CW.

Improved Drive block modeling to more accurately model effects of op-amp finite open-loop gain and GBW product.

Added Brit Studio 20 Amp model based on a Marshall SV20H.

Added Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped Amp model. This is simply the jumped version of the Plexi 50W 6CA7.

Improved modeling accuracy for following Amp models:

• Plexi 50W Jumped
  • Plexi 100W Jumped
  • Brit JM45 Jumped
  • 1987X Jumped
  • 1959SLP Jumped
  • Plexi 100W 1970
  • Deluxe Tweed Jumped
Fixed wrong capacitor value in 1959SLP Treble and 1959SLP Jumped Amp models.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Bitchin 🤘
PXL_20220926_204858322.jpg
Such a versatile drive ... Those there are the settings for your Rat 🐀

Last edited:
Improved modeling accuracy for following Amp models:

• Plexi 50W Jumped
  • Plexi 100W Jumped
  • Brit JM45 Jumped
  • 1987X Jumped
  • 1959SLP Jumped
  • Plexi 100W 1970
  • Deluxe Tweed Jumped
Two questions:
1. Do the adjustments go beyond editable parameters?
2. Should we reset the amp block?

SV20H+girdle has replaced my bandmaster+klon for eob. Just like that, in about 2 minutes. I know nuthin about either that amp or that pedal, except that the combo it is so clear and articulate! Thanks Cliff!

Interesting! That’s been my EOB sound. I’m waiting for the final release but I’ll give that a spin.

Has anyone noticed the ridiculous LOW CPU usage of the Griddle Cake yet?
It's the lowest of all available types.

Must be something special about that drive, because the last page of the Drive block settings doesn't say anything about the clip type.

A preset with just four Drive blocks, all set to Griddle Cake, uses less CPU than one with a single Drive block set to BB Pre.

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-27 om 20.34.31.png

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the ridiculous LOW CPU usage of the Griddle Cake yet?
It's the lowest of all available types.

Must be something special about that drive, because the last page of the Drive block settings doesn't say anything about the clip type.

A preset with solely four Drive block, all set to Griddle, uses less CPU than one with a single Drive block set to BB Pre.

View attachment 109035
Probably cuz it has no clipping diodes, all the distortion comes from the opamp.. and that probably explains the release note about the opamp sim improvement

crowther_hot_cake_trace_schematic.png

Brit Studio 20 does not show Normal Gain knob on ideal page (on both the front panel and Axe FX). Bug or intended?

This is also the case for some jumped plexis. Whereas the jumped Brit M45 has all controls available in ideal mode.
Seems a bit inconsistent to me.

Last edited:
Probably cuz it has no clipping diodes, all the distortion comes from the opamp.. and that probably explains the release note about the opamp sim improvement

Ah yes, thanks. Seems like this is the only type to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom