Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it, but I am so so confused about the decision making process of what amps get added as new models. I'm sure the SV20H is cool and all but there are so many legendary amps out there and we got another Marshall? It's just not what I would have picked.

These months I've been producing guitar tracks for very different projects, and there's nothing I can't cover with the Axe-Fx!

I can't wait to try these new amps, I was going to buy the Marshall SV20H in early 2022...and now it's here!

I just sold my SV20H this past week....now I don't have to worry about sellers remorse, thanks Cliff!
A lot of guys will say , "What another Plexi" but that one does have it's own thing going.
Since it has a smaller OT it will have a little tighter low end. It's also cathode biased so, I wonder how that will work???

I just sold my SV20H this past week....now I don't have to worry about sellers remorse, thanks Cliff!
A lot of guys will say , "What another Plexi" but that one does have it's own thing going.
Since it has a smaller OT it will have a little tighter low end. It's also cathode biased so, I wonder how that will work???
Hmmm.... a cathode-biased Plexi sounds partway to Vox. Could be a lot of fun....

Thank you Cliff for your hard work. Personally, these updates are my favorite kind; the ones where I get inspired and excited to play because I'm wondering what music will come out of the new and/or improved amp models. I love all the functionality updates, but it's not the same excitement as walking into a virtual amp store and getting to try every single one exactly how I want it. That kind of fun leads to music and is the best thing that I could hope to ask from the Axe and is my favorite part of what I get. So thank you Fractal team for the inspiration.
Could not have said it any better.....Cliff is the ultimate!!!

Duuude, how completely and totally awesome. First my favorite amp of the Axe was the 6CA7 Plexi, then it was the 1959 SLP. Now we have a jumpered 6CA7 and improved accuracy on the jumpered SLP, and fixed cap value on the SLP. And the new amp is another Plexi!!! How freaking awesome. The Axe-FX III made me a Plexi freak, and I'm in heaven. And I can play a Plexi without the ghost notes too if I want by increasing the B+ Time Constant if I want, or I can eliminate the fizz by reducing the various bias excursions. Dude, seriously, nothing could be more awesome in the world of tone. I feel really fortunate that I bought this monster.

Thank you thank you thank you Cliff, Matt, and all the engineers at Fractal for what you do. This is truly a box of happiness. You guys don't ever have to engage in the kind of innovation, continual improvement, and adding of extra goodies that you do, but you do it anyway. I don't know the impetus for this, but it's a little oasis of the way things should be. I'm blown away.

Exciting- I was just playing thru a bunch of the Marshalls in 20.04 and was LOVING them. Excited to try them with 20.05.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom