Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.03

Can't wait to go to the studio after dinner and load this up! Thanks again Cliff!

Sounds great!!! I wanted to try a few different presets but got stuck on the first couple. Thanks Cliff and crew, we have some amazing sounds because of all the hard work going on at FAS!!!

As I said in 18.02, the melting and heat of the tube comes more and more naturally to the fore.

And furthermore, when reproducing individual inputs of the same amp, the attack feeling remains closer together than before.
Whereby the sound charter finely differentiated overall more natural.

Also, in 18.03 no switching noise is heard in the preset Top Boost between the scenes 1 to 2 or 3.

Also since FW 16 and newer, it is in my experience even more important to set the Instrument Input 1 and the Global Input Gain correctly for his guitar (pickups). To perceive all facets of the individual presets and their were potential. why? Rehearsal is that the Input 1 control acts more as a saturation control for the AD converter and the level meter can only represent this inadequately. Effect is that if I set the level as described in the manual, (set the value so that the red LED at maximum play only looks up from time to time) I come to the value around 95. This leads in the perception that all amp sound too saturated, hardly show differences and spatiality.
As many have already described it here in the forum.

If the saturation is set too high for the AD, an overdrive protection takes effect.
And this has the effect of compression in my perception.

Maybe Cliff can include a level for the saturation of the AD to hit the sweet spot better.

For me, I have now tested the value 30 as the best value. Super spatial and natural perception of the individual amps with FRFR. And only minimal interspersion noise even with high gain amps.

I tend to play the low gain amps like Fender VOX, yet the high gain amps are really fun with this setting. IMO

The Global Input Gain for my Strat is set to 0.478.

Checks that times for you on you makes similar experiences.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: ESW
everything revisited and sent to everyone, everything works great , didnt find any issues ! thank you !
Out of curiosity, how many hours do you put in after every major update to any block to redo all your presets?

Also do you have any presets for lower turnings drop a and lower.

Depends.
For the 18.03, as I normally don’t count , 4 hours ? You don’t start from zero and don’t redo everything. (With luck) I verify all the levels of each scenes x 130 presets approx (400 levelling ?), If everything works normally. Then at the same time I try new things, in this one I have spent more time with the fender amps for example …
I don’t count time really, as this is for both myself and others . The most “boring” part is to check the levels yes . For the rest they all work for 7 strings as I own one, sometime I just had to lower the gain in some presets as this musicman is really hot .

thinking of it, as I have put a mic preamp in all the cabs now, and don’t have any answers last time, we don’t have any details of them . I choose the one I like the more by ears, but it can be interesting to know if the fet, transformer, modern etc are based on real products . Just for culture.

Depends.
For the 18.03, as I normally don’t count , 4 hours ? You don’t start from zero and don’t redo everything. (With luck) I verify all the levels of each scenes x 130 presets approx (400 levelling ?), If everything works normally. Then at the same time I try new things, in this one I have spent more time with the fender amps for example …
I don’t count time really, as this is for both myself and others . The most “boring” part is to check the levels yes . For the rest they all work for 7 strings as I own one, sometime I just had to lower the gain in some presets as this musicman is really hot .
No compressor level adjustments?

I'm updating today, and many of my clean tones have a comp, so that'll probably be a thing for me.

No compressor level adjustments?

I'm updating today, and many of my clean tones have a comp, so that'll probably be a thing for me.
I have removed All the compressors . Only the bass presets got them now . I used to have a compressor in all the clean channels of fender amps for example and just removed them all . The more it goes, the more I dislike compressor . I never use them in dist, but in clean it gives a “studio effect” . I changed technique . Mic preamp, turning down the input trim and up the level to give the sound some body without compress it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom