Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just imagining if we could create a (or a couple) custom impedance curves that we could pull up at any time, or set as the global. This would be insane.

Wish granted. When MUTE is selected, output to USB Outs 1 and 2 is still heard. It only mutes the output from the OUT 1 block.
that's not what i was asking. if there is audio returning to the axe fx via the usb, will it still be heard via output 1 if output 1 is muted? is the mute point before the grid/usb mix point or after? i guess i'll find out when i install it....!

It always uses the selected SIC saved in the preset, so old vs new doesn't matter. What has changed is the default SIC when you select an amp type. Before it would always use the factory default for that particular amp type. Now you can manually select that default to be whatever you want for all amp types. If you don't change the amp type in existing presets, the SIC doesn't change. If you do change amp types, the new selected default will be used whether the preset is old or new.
Which again makes the feature just non-obvious because you would have to know when and where it applies. Expect a lot of "why doesn't my global speaker impedance curve setting work" questions with this implementation.

Other global settings like poweramp and cab sim apply to every preset so the way I see it, speaker impedance curve should too. It would be the simplest and clearest as just an override for whatever you have defined in your presets. No confusion over functionality and easy to use and reset.

To make it extra quick to use, having a separete on/off toggle and value setting would be useful so you don't have to scroll through a pile of curves first but can toggle between preset vs override.

Last edited:
Which again makes the feature just non-obvious because you would have to know when and where it applies. Expect a lot of "why doesn't my global speaker impedance curve setting work" questions with this implementation.

Other global settings like poweramp and cab sim apply to every preset so the way I see it, speaker impedance curve should too. It would be the simplest and clearest as just an override for whatever you have defined in your presets. No confusion over functionality and easy to use and reset.

To make it extra quick to use, having a separete on/off toggle and value setting would be useful so you don't have to scroll through a pile of curves first but can toggle between preset vs override.
I agree with this, it would make much more sense for me to make it override the curve saved in presets instead of just setting the default curve.
With the current implementation you'd still need to go thru every preset if you want to change the curve.

And... A way to load our own curves on the axe would be welcome too 😁

Anyway, thanks for another amazing update Cliff

Just a reminder:

you can use the Batch Setting function in Axe-Edit to force a specific parameter value across multiple presets.
This works with the SIC parameter too.
Hold SHIFT and right-click the SIC field in the Amp block, and you can specify the channel(s) and the range of presets that the selected parameter value should be applied too.

I'd be in favor of an "in-between" solution.

I don't see a practical use to the global parameter applying to the SIC curve in all Amp blocks in all presets. It would seriously mess up factory presets, dual-amp presets and more. It should always be a selection.

So I'd like a solution (if possible….)
  • that provides 4 global SIC fields in the Global menu (plus the other options), named A B C D
  • where I can select a specific curve per field, in the Global menu
  • and expand the SIC options on the Amp block's Speaker page with: A B C D.
This would allow me to set each Amp block to one of the 4 global SIC fields (ABCD), and change this value across multiple presets in the Global menu, at any time.

Just a reminder:

you can use the Batch Setting function in Axe-Edit to force a specific parameter value across multiple presets.
Hold SHIFT and right-click the SIC field in the Amp block, and you can specify the channel(s) and the range of presets that the selected parameter value should be applied too.
Yup, I was aware of that and it's a handy feature for sure, but it needs a pc with axe-edit running and that's not always available when gigging/rehearsing.
Currently I need to select the SIC in advance depending on the real cab I'm going to use but my brain often fails remembering me to do it.. so a global override setting would be quite handy 😅

nice! if you mute out 1 and you have audio going out and coming back via the usb, will the returning usb audio be muted from out1? if not, this will actually resolve a wish that i've had for so long i can't remember when i had it.

Incoming computer audio such as YouTube is NOT muted when using the new MUTE OUT1 option in I/O > Audio.

When recording or playing back in a DAW, with the DAW track set to USB channels 1-2, incoming audio from the DAW is also NOT muted when using the new MUTE OUT1 option in I/O > Audio. So you'll hear software monitoring only.

Just a reminder:

Oh. That's in AE? I knew Fractool can do it, but AE? Is that new?

This is a Great Sounding Update. …the Compressor Block will def get much appreciation…at least from moi.

Oh. That's in AE? I knew Fractool can do it, but AE? Is that new?

It's in the release notes of FM3-Edit, buit it works in Axe-Edit too.
  • Added Parameter Batch Set functionality. The Parameter Batch Set command back can be activated by right-clicking on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu and selecting "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can multiply select presets to batch set the parameter value.

When recording or playing back in a DAW, with the DAW track set to USB channels 1-2, incoming audio from the DAW is also NOT muted when using the new MUTE OUT1 option in I/O > Audio. So you'll hear software monitoring only.

Exactly. This was requested an unusual number of times in our support channel. This feature is also intended to be added to the FM3 and FM9. I'll update the Axe-Fx III manual this week.

Edit - my question has been answered so go straight to Thank you and ignore the rest.

I think I‘m excited by Global Speaker Curves, but not yet certain.

I play my Axe FX into a power amp and conventional cab and have long been frustrated by the fact that every time I try a new amp, I have to dial out the default speaker curve and set it to null. Does this mean that I can set null as a global and then change amps with impunity without having to tweak every time?

If so - Thank you! I have wanted this for years.

Oh, and the comp changes look great as well.

Last edited:
I play my Axe FX into a power amp and conventional cab and have long been frustrated by the fact that every time I try a new amp, I have to dial out the default speaker curve and set it to null.

Does it sound better that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom