Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which can make things confusing since afaik there is no way to know if your preset is "old" vs "new". I assume that Fractal uses some sort of versioning for preset formats to check if it should be used or not.

To me it would make sense if it applied to every preset old or new, just turn the global setting back to default if you don't want to use it and it should restore the setting saved in the preset or default of the amp model, right?
It always uses the selected SIC saved in the preset, so old vs new doesn't matter. What has changed is the default SIC when you select an amp type. Before it would always use the factory default for that particular amp type. Now you can manually select that default to be whatever you want for all amp types. If you don't change the amp type in existing presets, the SIC doesn't change. If you do change amp types, the new selected default will be used whether the preset is old or new.

Which can make things confusing since afaik there is no way to know if your preset is "old" vs "new". I assume that Fractal uses some sort of versioning for preset formats to check if it should be used or not.

To me it would make sense if it applied to every preset old or new, just turn the global setting back to default if you don't want to use it and it should restore the setting saved in the preset or default of the amp model, right?
it's when you adjust the Amp block. so it really has nothing to do with the preset status of old vs new. it's if you adjust the amp block, which you usually do when making a "new preset" which is why i used those words above.

if you have global on, then change the amp type, the global takes effect. if you don't (which you don't with old presets typically) it won't change.

I noted a definitive POP in my powered speakers when the AXE III rebooted after the 18.00 beta update. Yup - just duplicated it. I was on a high gain preset, but then again, this didn't happen with previous versions. It sounded like a gate (INPUT?) was open, and then shut.

Anybody else have a like experience?

I noted a definitive POP in my powered speakers when the AXE III rebooted after the 18.00 beta update. Yup - just duplicated it. I was on a high gain preset, but then again, this didn't happen with previous versions. It sounded like a gate (INPUT?) was open, and then shut.

Anybody else have a like experience?
Just tried it on a clean preset (Bandmaster) and it still happens.

Reactions: RDH
Awesome features add! Cliff seems to take some pleasure in postponing the day when I can understand this masterpiece from A to H,
To be honest I wish I would never get there! Thanks Cliff

I just loaded it up. My lead patch has a lot more gain to it, and when I switch patches, it sounds like each new patch fades in. I don't have time to troubleshoot at the moment, so I'm just rolling back for now. I'll try it again later. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

I just loaded it up. My lead patch has a lot more gain to it, and when I switch patches, it sounds like each new patch fades in. I don't have time to troubleshoot at the moment, so I'm just rolling back for now. I'll try it again later. Looking forward to spending more time with it.
I'm going to guess maybe your Compressors need to be adjusted to reduce levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom