Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/18p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_18p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Overhauled the Compressor block:

• Improved Auto-Makeup gain behavior.
  • Added Input Level switch. When set to INSTRUMENT the detector is optimized for guitar-level signals, i.e., before an amp block. When set to LINE the detector is optimized for post-amp level signals.
  • The Pedal, Optical, Tube, Analog, JFET and Dynamicomp types have been completely redone resulting in improved performance. These types now inherently perform automatic makeup gain.
  • Auto Attack/Release has been removed from the Pedal and Dynamicomp types as it is no longer applicable.
  • NOTE: Due to all these changes the behavior and output volume of the Compressor block may be different. It is recommended to audition any presets using the Compressor block and adjust as required.
Improved Stack/Hold implementation in Delay block so that “texture” is applied to audio when Stack/Hold is on.

Added check to prevent excessive message queuing, i.e., when selecting amp model using Value knob.

Added MUTE option to Output 1/2 Configuration. This allows muting the analog outputs while still passing data via USB. This can be used when using the Axe-Fx III in conjunction with computer plug-ins.

Added global Speaker Impedance Curve. When set to DEFAULT the speaker impedance curve used when selecting an amp model is the default curve for that amp model, otherwise it is the selected curve. NOTE: this does not affect existing presets. The selected curve is used only when selecting a new amp model.

Added several new Impedance Curves to Amp block. Thank you to Dr. Bonkers Soundlab for these.

Added Modifier capability to LFO Enable and Mod Frequency in Filter block.

Added RCB Boost to Amp block Boost types.

Fixed DS-1 Drive types have no gain when Drive is at 0.0.

Fixed Reverb pitch buffers not being cleared if Pitch Mix is zero.

Fixed Turbo version aborting processing at CPU usage lower than limit.

Various other fixes and improvements.

How is the global impedance curve useful ? Pretty sure I missed a few threads on this considering people are excited about this feature.

I don’t really get this one . The curve by default was already there but before you cannot go back to the default one not knowing it, that’s it ?
imo it now means you can use the same curve on a lot of presets without having to dial it in for everythinig and in case you want switch to default amp curve its possible too. still lacks ability to saves multiple custom curves. i guess

also looking forward to check out the new curves added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom