Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.02 Release

This is a known bug and has been fixed for the next release.
I am looking forward to this release.:)
I often have the editor open during rehearsal/practice so I end up closing and opening the editor.
NOTE: I will say I am working on getting into the habit of just using the new double tap feature on the 5 front panel encoders to make tweaks and adjustments on the fly.

There were no changes to the modeling.

i completely get that there was no changes in the modeling but indeed I hear it as well. To be clear I mostly hear it on heavier amps like the USA IIC+ varieties. There is a bit more “hair” there (what a horrible description) and it’s almost like a barely perceptible overlay of an almost fuzz tone.

Just for the hell of it I recorded a heavy track with a PRS and the USA IIC+ JP Yellow Shred with 17.02 and then another track with 17.01. It’s a small difference but 17.02 definitely has some kind of extra…something akin to low level fuzzy distortion.

Or I’m just getting old. It’s possible :)

i completely get that there was no changes in the modeling but indeed I hear it as well. To be clear I mostly hear it on heavier amps like the USA IIC+ varieties. There is a bit more “hair” there (what a horrible description) and it’s almost like a barely perceptible overlay of an almost fuzz tone.

Just for the hell of it I recorded a heavy track with a PRS and the USA IIC+ JP Yellow Shred with 17.02 and then another track with 17.01. It’s a small difference but 17.02 definitely has some kind of extra…something akin to low level fuzzy distortion.

There were no changes to the modeling. I double-checked source control and no files have changed.

And here are the objective, empirical results:

17p01_vs_17p02.PNG

Green trace is 17.01, blue trace is 17.02. 500 Hz input tone. USA JP IIC+ Yellow Shred amp model.

Cue cousin Vinny:

identical-my-cousin-vinny.gif

@FractalAudio apart from the CPU 'issues' I mentioned I'm loving 17.02, but the graph does seem different (subtly) below 500htz, is that measurement? Or what would cause that?

Problem is people have slept since then and your ears have adjusted differently also.....

Yes. I believe that is a significant, if not measurable, factor in how we perceive.

Everything makes a difference. I hear differences when the relative humidity changes.
More humid air is slightly denser and darker, and less humid air sounds brighter and
airier, to me.

Not. Kidding. :)

Yes. I believe that is a significant, if not measurable, factor in how we perceive.

Everything makes a difference. I hear differences when the relative humidity changes.
More humid air is slightly denser and darker, and less humid air sounds brighter and
airier, to me.

Not. Kidding. :)
Caffeine (and likely many other, uhh..., substances, and foods) also tweaks auditory and visual perception....

Caffeine (and likely many other, uhh..., substances, and foods) also tweaks auditory and visual perception....
Dang, and I really thought the modeling changed this time! And I swear that the AXE-FX III logo on my MKI got much bluer.

Are these "substances" you speak of why I think I sometimes hear/see fractal gnomes, sprites, fairies, and aliens singing and dancing, trying to communicate the secrets of the universe at the level of sub-perceptual multiverse aliasing?

Dang, and I really thought the modeling changed this time! And I swear that the AXE-FX III logo on my MKI got much bluer.

Are these "substances" you speak of why I think I sometimes hear/see fractal gnomes, sprites, fairies, and aliens singing and dancing, trying to communicate the secrets of the universe at the level of sub-perceptual multiverse aliasing?
MEME2021-11-12-11-57-20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom