Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.02 Release

I too have the spillover issue, but not with spillover. I had it happen tonight at church actually. My Axe is at the church now so I can’t post a preset at this time. But I would turn on a long reverb with pitch shift, about 12 seconds long, bypass the block with audio still running in the verb. Then about ten minutes later enable that channel in the reverb block, and whatever chord I last held in it came ringing out even with no input from the guitar to the Axe.

After updating to this firmware I tried something I have never done before, which was to run the DS1 with the gain at zero and the level maxed. It killed the sound. I need to barely raise it (gain) and sound comes back...didn't experience this with my typical drives that I run this way. Has anyone else experienced this?

I just tried that, and you're right! It's weird; maybe the real pedal does this. By the way, I'm loving the DS-1 in front of the 6CA7 Plexi. :)

I don't think so, but my pedal is at the practice room so I can't confirm. Supposedly it's how Kurt Cobain ran his ????
Hi, no Kurt maxed the gain and level and the tone was quite at full too. He use it in the clean channel of the studio preamp (nevermind gigs) or in the fender twin and others in the bleach era , then He used the ds2, the sansamp, sometimes switch to one or another in the same song (you can see it in some live show videos ) in the in utero tour . (Nirvana is my favorite band)

After updating to this firmware I tried something I have never done before, which was to run the DS1 with the gain at zero and the level maxed. It killed the sound. I need to barely raise it (gain) and sound comes back...didn't experience this with my typical drives that I run this way. Has anyone else experienced this?
1+ . Zeroing the drive gain kills the signal.

Hi, no Kurt maxed the gain and level and the tone was quite at full too. He use it in the clean channel of the studio preamp (nevermind gigs) or in the fender twin and others in the bleach era , then He used the ds2, the sansamp, sometimes switch to one or another in the same song (you can see it in some live show videos ) in the in utero tour . (Nirvana is my favorite band)
Mine as well. I’m still wondering what would be the best way to recreate his sound the best way possible, for let’s say that he 91/92 live period..

I was about to throw it out of the windows because one of my preset sound like **** since the 17.02 without knowing why .

then I remembered that you was talking about it : the ds1 .
bingo !
one of my preset got the ds1 as boost
when the drive is at zero, it's ... dead . cannot use it as boost anymore .

mom's voice : "Clifffffff , stop messing with your pedals simmmm" :D

I too have the spillover issue, but not with spillover. I had it happen tonight at church actually. My Axe is at the church now so I can’t post a preset at this time. But I would turn on a long reverb with pitch shift, about 12 seconds long, bypass the block with audio still running in the verb. Then about ten minutes later enable that channel in the reverb block, and whatever chord I last held in it came ringing out even with no input from the guitar to the Axe.
Yup I have that happen too

I am late to the party and need some help. I have a Mark I and updated it to 17.02. I downloaded "Marco Fanton Custom Preset 'Friedfull'" that has the new room IRs (Legacy 190 and Legacy 191) and sounds great. However, I can't select Legacy 190 and Legacy 191 in my own presets neither on the Axe-Fx III mark I or the latest Axe-Edit.

I am late to the party and need some help. I have a Mark I and updated it to 17.02. I downloaded "Marco Fanton Custom Preset 'Friedfull'" that has the new room IRs (Legacy 190 and Legacy 191) and sounds great. However, I can't select Legacy 190 and Legacy 191 in my own presets neither on the Axe-Fx III mark I or the latest Axe-Edit.
190 & 191 are the Viper Room L & R IRs and will only work in Cab 3 & Cab 4. Use Picker, choose Legacy, you'll see them.

Though I am using the FM3, I discovered that this may be happening if you change to a reverb channel with different quality setting or echo density.

Maybe it’s me, but it seems that the USA IIC++ is a bit ‘quieter’? I have to turn the level from -12db to -8db to match the volume.

Something is 'off' between 17.01 & 17.02 to my ears. I'm hearing a bit more fuzz or hair in all of my distorted tones. Previously, it felt organic. Now it sort of sounds digital to my ears. I'm gonna dig in to see if it's the Master volume or where the tweak to dial it out is. I haven't seen anyone else post the same thing so it's unique to me.

Edit: A high cut and a little smoothing in the CAB blocks dialed it out. Also, adding a tad more speaker drive helped. I didn't touch the Master though.....maybe I should. Edit: I did ;) 'Girth'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom