Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.02 Release

@FractalAudio does the buffer explain this issue I've been having when changing patches, a sudden burst of a note on changing patches after having not played or touched the strings for a coupe of seconds?? Example is this video (proper video this time)

You're not alone, I still have that happen as well (with 17.02). Was updating my template and testing out different multi tap delay presets, and after minutes of not playing I'd switch to another preset within the same (or different) channel and there would be a burst of sound. Almost like it's stuck in a buffer.

EDIT - it also happens when I boot up my AxeFX, even if no instrument is plugged in and global vol exp is all the way down.

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p02.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “ALL” as an option to Spillover in Global Settings. When Spillover is set to ALL the Delay, Reverb, Plex, Multi-Delay, Megatap and Ten-Tap blocks will not clear their buffers when switching presets.

Fixed Amp block Master Volume not working properly for JS410 and Texas Star models (introduced in 17.01).

Improved IR Player block so that volume is consistent if Mode is set to Parallel and only one IR is being used.

Fixed Plex and Multi-Delay Blocks displaying wrong type when recalling preset.
Does this mean that the improved spillover will help the noises from time effects when changing patches?

Awsome Cliff! I've Been Experiencing issues with preset switching between Delay, Reverb, Plex, Multi-Delay.

Master Jedi Cliff always at work. Thank you sir!
(I think he enjoys improving upon his masterpiece more than we do playing it!)... and that’s saying a lot 😎
What a great company!

You're not alone, I still have that happen as well (with 17.02). Was updating my template and testing out different multi tap delay presets, and after minutes of not playing I'd switch to another preset within the same (or different) channel and there would be a burst of sound. Almost like it's stuck in a buffer.

EDIT - it also happens when I boot up my AxeFX, even if no instrument is plugged in and global vol exp is all the way down.
I just don't know where the note is coming from, lol. I an let sound die all the way out, not touch anything, switch presets and BAM

@FractalAudio does the buffer explain this issue I've been having when changing patches, a sudden burst of a note on changing patches after having not played or touched the strings for a coupe of seconds?? Example is this video (proper video this time)

I experience something similar to this, only with the new Reverb Pitch Shift. I have the Pitch Shift Mix control tied to a CS and can turn it off or on depending on if I want some shimmer.

I'm able to recreate the issue reliably by doing the following:
1. Play a bit with the Pitch Shift Mix CS on
2. Disengage the Pitch Shift Mix CS
3. Change to an identical preset, but with Pitch Shift Mix CS on by default
4. Get burst of shimmer noise when preset loads

As others have said already, it almost seems like some sound is being buffered and then released when the preset changes. It also seems like the sound that's buffered is whatever is playing at the moment the mix is turned down. Been having this issue since 17.01

Thanks Team!
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p02.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “ALL” as an option to Spillover in Global Settings. When Spillover is set to ALL the Delay, Reverb, Plex, Multi-Delay, Megatap and Ten-Tap blocks will not clear their buffers when switching presets.

Fixed Amp block Master Volume not working properly for JS410 and Texas Star models (introduced in 17.01).

Improved IR Player block so that volume is consistent if Mode is set to Parallel and only one IR is being used.

Fixed Plex and Multi-Delay Blocks displaying wrong type when recalling preset.

I believe that bursts like that occur when switching patches that include a channel switch in either delay or reverb (based on spillover settings). The length of the burst is dependent on the time setting, so I have on occasion had buffers lasting over a second play. I suspect that if you were to turn spillover off for whichever effect was changing channels, you wouldn't have the same issue. For a while I was very careful about what channels were matching like-channels in other presets, but I haven't specifically tested that lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom