Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release

The switching error (if that's the right thing to call it), I don't know anything about. As for the effect, yes it was updated and it is correct to Lukathers late 80s/early 90s settings. It is extremely wide, but if you use it together with a pitch detune like he did, it all fits together, and doesn't sound as wide anymore.

The depth settings are equal to 5 (out of 6) on the unit/plugin. For something more subtle (like depth at 3.5), change master time to 19.6 % and master lfo depth to 71.7 %. That will get you a pretty good approximation for the correct min and max delay times for that depth setting.
OK, if the settings for the '1210-mode' were changed, I guess it makes sense that it now defaults to the more generic 'quad parallel delay'. Happy mistake though, I really like the previous 1210 settings, and now I have both. Great nugget about how to mangle the '1210'-mode. I will surely experiment with these (and the pitch detune)

Issues I’m having is with the MULTIDLY BLOCK, where I select 1210, modify its parameters, save it. Then switch to another preset, and then go back and the display on the Unit and Axe edit both say Quad Parallel Delay instead of 1210, but my parameters are just like I set them.

Issues I’m having is with the MULTIDLY BLOCK, where I select 1210, modify its parameters, save it. Then switch to another preset, and then go back and the display on the Unit and Axe edit both say Quad Parallel Delay instead of 1210, but my parameters are just like I set them.
Yeah, that is the same thing that I reported. I believe that under the hood, 1210 is 'just' Quad parallel delay with special settings.

Yeah, that is the same thing that I reported. I believe that under the hood, 1210 is 'just' Quad parallel delay with special settings.
Really?? Then Why have a Separate 1210 Name to recall if it is going to default back to Quad Parallel Delay? If you add that BLOCk to a new preset and select QUAD PARALLEL DELAY, it is not a 1210 default sound, it has many delay repeats so this is Confusing...

Last edited:
OK, if the settings for the '1210-mode' were changed, I guess it makes sense that it now defaults to the more generic 'quad parallel delay'. Happy mistake though, I really like the previous 1210 settings, and now I have both. Great nugget about how to mangle the '1210'-mode. I will surely experiment with these (and the pitch detune)
Defaults to the quad parallel? The 1210 defaults to the 1210 type, which is the same algorithm as the quad parallel. It's just a bunch of pre set settings. The display error is probably just the unit not updating correctly.

I actually did up a version for the lower depth/width, which is as accurate as the other one "in the box" (within 2 samples at 48 kHz). It might suit more people, since it's not as extreme. Attached below.

EDIT: Managed to find a sound clip of a TC1210 set to the same settings that I emulated. Turns out the plugin has a bit more range on the depth control. Coincidentally, 3.5 on the plugin = 5 on the real unit (the value I was going for). Scary close now, doubt many could tell the difference without a strict A/B test.

Attachments

• TC1210 Luke_20211101_160824.blk
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
i've noticed a similar issue with the megatap delay. in every preset i have it in, it always shows up as reverb pre swell. i think this is a little bug.

Defaults to the quad parallel? The 1210 defaults to the 1210 type, which is the same algorithm as the quad parallel. It's just a bunch of pre set settings. The display error is probably just the unit not updating correctly.

I actually did up a version for the lower depth/width, which is as accurate as the other one "in the box" (within 2 samples at 48 kHz). It might suit more people, since it's not as extreme. Attached below.

For what it's worth, Lukather never ran his 1210 as prominent in the mix as you did in your video, and it was also combined with the H3000 micropitchshift #231 preset. It's just one part of the smörgåsbord. The lower 3.5 depth/width value is actually what he used later in the 90s when he went for a drier sound.

When you say, "the Unit not Updating Correctly...", So it might be a programming issue involving the incorrect Display setting inside that BLOCK?

The 'Type' name changing is not limited to the 1210, it seems to occur with the 'presets' in the Multitap and Plex Delay blocks. The Flanger and Megatap Delay block types that appear to be presets (Trippy Flanger, Starship Flanger, Reverb Pre-Swell, Serpentine Swells, et al.) rather than a specific effect model, don't revert the 'Type' to the name of the original effect type used to create it.

The settings don't change, just the name of the 'Type'. e.g. 'Sirocco' in the Plex Delay block reverts to the Type 'Plex Delay' but the settings and sound are the same as the 'Sirocco' type.

Having the preset name not shown in the block 'Type' is really no different than using blocks or channels from the Block Library. As @2112 pointed out in another thread, Fractal was able to add a few users presets to some blocks 'Type' allowing access to some great uses of these effects on the unit rather than making them downloads for the Block Library. I don't believe it's enough of an issue for anyone to think a 'fix' is required.

The 'Type' name changing is not limited to the 1210, it seems to occur with the 'presets' in the Multitap and Plex Delay blocks. The Flanger and Megatap Delay block types that appear to be presets (Trippy Flanger, Starship Flanger, Reverb Pre-Swell, Serpentine Swells, et al.) rather than a specific effect model, don't revert the 'Type' to the name of the original effect type used to create it.

The settings don't change, just the name of the 'Type'. e.g. 'Sirocco' in the Plex Delay block reverts to the Type 'Plex Delay' but the settings and sound are the same as the 'Sirocco' type.

Having the preset name not shown in the block 'Type' is really no different than using blocks or channels from the Block Library. As @2112 pointed out in another thread, Fractal was able to add a few users presets to some blocks 'Type' allowing access to some great uses of these effects on the unit rather than making them downloads for the Block Library. I don't believe it's enough of an issue for anyone to think a 'fix' is required.
OK, Gotcha, so its a starting point, then once saved it is as if you are using your own "Library" saved Settings.

Awesome update!! I can save my preset with the full-Res IRs on my MKI! Maybe this was announced earlier and I missed it but I didn't think I was gonna be able to save it. This is AWESOME. Thank you!

Yes, there's a display bug. The effect is loading correctly but the name isn't being displayed correctly. This is due to a "fix" I put in to accommodate importing block files with Axe-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom