Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release

JFC…..it’s one thing for a company to say “We‘re working on some fixes and new stuff” and a complete other for a company to just come out and drop off a shitload of fixes and new stuff without expectation of it. It’s not even under-promising and overdelivering, it’s just straight up overdelivering update after update.

Thank you Cliff & Fractal! This, among many other things, is what keeps us fanatical about this equipment!

Just got back from a gig with this FW. Can I say, I never ever thought I would ‘arrive’ at tone happiness, but here I am. Spent most of the night on my Tele with a three knob tube driver in front of the band commander. Didn’t plan to, but it was just sooooo good. I eventually moved on to a 5150 for heavier stuff, but I couldn’t believe how many styles I could do with the BC and the guitar controls.

My hat off to you Mr. Cliff, you have made me a very happy and satisfied individual.

I just did the update.

I made two presets using the release candidate that had the multidelay block with the '1210'-mode. After updating, this channel in the MTD block has now changed to 'Quad Parallel delay'

Could it be that all my presets with MTD block are affected or only those made during the beta/release candidate period

I just did the update.

I made two presets using the release candidate that had the multidelay block with the '1210'-mode. After updating, this channel in the MTD block has now changed to 'Quad Parallel delay'

Could it be that all my presets with MTD block are affected or only those made during the beta/release candidate period
Hmmm - it seemed to fix itself - at least in one of the presets

Hoping to stay awake long enough to update tonight (after backing up, of course). Fingers crossed!

I got home from work at 4:30PM, all excited to get in the studio, update and start working on a song. Decided to sit down on the couch for a minute to answer some work e-mails, next thing I know I’m waking up 6 hours later.

Ice coffee in hand, pizza on the way and I’m headed into the studio finally! :D

Hmmm - it seemed to fix itself - at least in one of the presets

Nope, the issue is back this morning - Was the 1210 settings adjusted between the Release Candidate and the official release? @guitarnerdswe?

Here is an illustration of what is happening

Preset is attached

Attachments

• Fenders_1210 issue.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Is it normal for this firmware version to change drastically JVM-JS Amp level to approximately 10 units lower than normal -12 audibly? The old -12 by default is now equal to 0 or 1 units.

Nope, the issue is back this morning - Was the 1210 settings adjusted between the Release Candidate and the official release? @guitarnerdswe?

Here is an illustration of what is happening

Preset is attached

The switching error (if that's the right thing to call it), I don't know anything about. As for the effect, yes it was updated and it is correct to Lukathers late 80s/early 90s settings. It is extremely wide, but if you use it together with a pitch detune like he did, it all fits together, and doesn't sound as wide anymore.

The depth settings are equal to 5 (out of 6) on the unit/plugin. For something more subtle (like depth at 3.5), change master time to 19.6 % and master lfo depth to 71.7 %. That will get you a pretty good approximation for the correct min and max delay times for that depth setting.

Back
Top Bottom