Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release

My high gain presets sound a bit darker and have less gain with 17.1

“Improved accuracy of Master Volume in Amp block for low settings.”

So if I had my FAS Modern MV set at 3 in 17.1 beta, what would the corresponding new equivalent value be, roughly?

“Improved accuracy of Drive block Drive control for low settings.”

So, if I had my Micro Boost Drive set at 3.6 in 17.1 beta, what would the corresponding new equivalent value be, roughly?

That's not a bug. The IR Player block does not attempt to normalize the volume as it is a generic convolution player and doesn't know whether the IR is a cabinet IR or some other type of IR (i.e., reverb, violin, etc.).
Understood (e.g. with TM IRs potentially being different in TMA vs CAB vs IRP).

However, in 16.05 for a general MP IR the CAB and IRP are at the same level as confirmed in a preset with CAB + IRP in parallel but inverse phase.

In 17.x the IRP is 6 dB lower (with 2nd IR OFF). This decrease is correlated with PARALLEL mode. If I switch to SERIES mode the IRP level is the same level as CAB version. So this may be a small bug in PARALLEL mode.

See bug report: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...r-compared-to-cab-in-17-x.177831/post-2170107

Attachments

• III-CAB vs IRP (16.05).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
My high gain presets sound a bit darker and have less gain with 17.1

“Improved accuracy of Master Volume in Amp block for low settings.”

So if I had my FAS Modern MV set at 3 in 17.1 beta, what would the corresponding new equivalent value be, roughly?

“Improved accuracy of Drive block Drive control for low settings.”

So, if I had my Micro Boost Drive set at 3.6 in 17.1 beta, what would the corresponding new equivalent value be, roughly?
Accuracy... I don't think there's a formula, here. ;)

This means the modeling is more accurate now when the values are lower in the range than they were before.

Understood (e.g. with TM IRs potentially being different in TMA vs CAB vs IRP).

However, in 16.05 for a general MP IR the CAB and IRP are at the same level as confirmed in a preset with CAB + IRP in parallel but inverse phase.

In 17.x the IRP is 6 dB lower (with 2nd IR OFF). This decrease is correlated with PARALLEL mode. If I switch to SERIES mode the IRP level is the same level as CAB version. So this may be a small bug in PARALLEL mode.

See bug report: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...r-compared-to-cab-in-17-x.177831/post-2170107

Seems correct that using just one IR in parallel mode makes the level drop. Because adding the 2nd IR will increase the level.

Seems correct that using just one IR in parallel mode makes the level drop. Because adding the 2nd IR will increase the level.
In the case of two IRs I get it. But if only one IR is on/active that doesn't make sense (to me).

Ideally I would think that parallel/serial mode shouldn't affect the level of a single IR.

Or maybe the default mode should be series to make it compatible with pre-17.x IRP blocks (of which I have many :)).

In the case of two IRs I get it. But if only one IR is on/active that doesn't make sense (to me).

Ideally I would think that parallel/serial mode shouldn't affect the level of a single IR.

Or maybe the default mode should be series to make it compatible with pre-17.x IRP blocks (of which I have many :)).

Using a single IR in parallel mode probably is not the intended approach. Parallel mode possibly is default to support stereo processing.

This update is an ambient guys wet dream ...
I really love the Sirocco with 20% mix after a highgain amp.

Is it possible to add the new Maxoff drive to the preamp section of the amp block in a future update? This would be awesome, if the new stuff gets converted to the FM3.

Back
Top Bottom