Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update rocks hard!

Did anyone notice that the updated Axe-Edit includes Preset+Cabs bundle export now?

This save me a lot of headaches with people not reading documentation on cab packs.

There's so much work to do now for me!

Thanks Cliff for making this happen!

This update rocks hard!

Did anyone notice that the updated Axe-Edit includes Preset+Cabs bundle export now?

This save me a lot of headaches with people not reading documentation on cab packs.

You mean you can export a preset with a third party ir now ?

This update rocks hard!

And also an option to choose which channel(s) to import from stereo wav IRs

It’s worth pointing out that we have always been on the honor system with 3rd party IRs.

You should not share them alone or in a preset/cab bundle.

This preset feature doesn’t alter the “security” of third party IRs, but should maybe serve as a reminder for us to be more conscientious of what we share.

It’s worth pointing out that we have always been on the honor system with 3rd party IRs.

This preset feature doesn’t alter the “security” of third party IRs, but should maybe serve as a reminder for us to be more conscientious of what we share.
Yes, indeed.

The fiscal support helps keep us in biz to make exciting new stuff.

This update rocks hard!

I guess the next question is whether FracTool will now support converting Axe II/AX8 bundles to Axe III ! ;-)

It’s interesting when you are a preset maker AND you do irs , so you don’t share the cabs in another folder, less boring for the customers .

Last edited:
@FractalAudio. Looking at my contributions to the new types in the multitap delay, there are some issues with the the 1210 type. The fitler Q on the individual filters isn't set to the minimum value, which alters the frequency response and makes the tone kinda muddy. The sweep of the chorus isn't wide enough, since I didn't use auto depth when I created my replica. Might be able to just bump up the value to get it more in the ball park.

I also noticed the new parameters related to the diffusion. Sounds much better with them! I plan to do a deep dive tomorrow and see which settings are closed to the actual PCM70.

@FractalAudio. Looking at my contributions to the new types in the multitap delay, there are some issues with the the 1210 type. The fitler Q on the individual filters isn't set to the minimum value, which alters the frequency response and makes the tone kinda muddy. The sweep of the chorus isn't wide enough, since I didn't use auto depth when I created my replica. Might be able to just bump up the value to get it more in the ball park.

I also noticed the new parameters related to the diffusion. Sounds much better with them! I plan to do a deep dive tomorrow and see which settings are closed to the actual PCM70.
Those presets were provided by Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom