Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

@Cliff: Awesome Job!! Best decision in my life to buy the AxeFXIIIMK2 :)
But i got an issue, maybe a bug?
Recording Guitar in Cubase i am using the routing [In USB] - [Out 4] . It is for rehersal the recorded stuff with other instruments. I am using the out 2 for Guitar without effects.
After upgrading to 17.01 Beta 4, i cant use USB to Out4, because the signal is on Mono. (R Channel) and playing Guitar and hearing via Out1 and raising up the level Knob (Out4) i can hear Guitar without Cabinet Processing on one Channel. (Before Firmware upgrade, nothing came out during Playing Guitar)
I tried it with Out2 and Out1. The same result...
Maybe it is a bug?

I reinstalled the Firmware and i tried the newest Windows Driver. (i had to to to back to 5.12 because Windows found AxeFX in DFU Mode without any connection to Axe-Edit!) Nothing changed.
Here is one of my Preset Layout, which is not working like before:

1633798718104.png

And with another Preset it is working like before:
1633798898609.png

This is the only one, that is still working like before! And i don´t know why!!
During Playing Guitar, there is no Signal at Out4! Only if i activate it with Cubase for rehersal my recordings.

Greetings from Germany
Soundtank

Ok dum dum here :) where is valhallir full ir downloads or is it all ready in new firmware ? not seeing york & valhallir irs in cab selection - are they manually loaded in a scratchpad like before ? thanks

The new reverbs are really great.
CPU usage is lower again, nice.
And having the 10 FullRes IRs in the legacy bank is just perfect. Thanks a lot!

Have I always overlooked the Megatap block or are all the "Types" new? A lot of cool stuff in there ....

I don't hear or measure this. Be aware that long times and small size are not naturally occurring so you will get excessive flutter on transients just as you would in a real space that had very low acoustic absorption (if you could find one).
Yeah, I don't know what was going on last night. Fired up the Axe this morning and it's not doing it at all now. Must have just been a glitch in the Matrix. These new reverb modes are quite addictive. At 100% wet with some volume swells it's like a huge synth pad.

Bad .syx file? Maybe try re-downloading the firmware zip again.

You could try the emergency boot loader as well. Hold down the page left and page right buttons while powering up to get to it and then try updating again from Fractal Bot.
Turns out it’s my FC6 not being on recent firmware. I tried disconnecting it and the backup and 17.01 install went perfect.

Is it odd that I am most excited about the tuner fix? I mute my tuner when I use it from Axe Edit and the current bug unmutes it. Pretty awesome firmware update!

Forgive my ignorance but if I’m not running stereo is there any reason I need to load both the Full Res L and R IRs?

Forgive my ignorance but if I’m not running stereo is there any reason I need to load both the Full Res L and R IRs?
I could be wrong but the idea with these IRs is to capture the "room" (they are room mics), so I would assume best results will be with stereo.

You can definitely use just one and leave it panned center. It will reduce your CPU load a fair bit compared to using both.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

An updated version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

Overhauled the Megatap block. See the updated Blocks Guide for details.
[Edit: Preview release here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Megatap.pdf]

Fixed pressing Tuner button in Axe-Edit brings up Reverb UI.

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Fixed wrong B+ voltage for Temolo Lux amp model.

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.

Improved CPU usage.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Oh how do I love you Fractal Audio? Let me count the ways ... endlessly!

Is it just my imagination or is there a bit more latency with this release? Even with no FR IR it feels a bit different. It sounds AMAZING regardless!

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

[Edit: Preview release here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Megatap.pdf]

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Improved CPU usage.

Another delightful case of "over-deliver". Thank you, Cliff and FAS Team! 🥇

Improved CPU usage.

Many thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom