Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

An updated version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

Overhauled the Megatap block. See the updated Blocks Guide for details.
[Edit: Preview release here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Megatap.pdf]

Fixed pressing Tuner button in Axe-Edit brings up Reverb UI.

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Fixed wrong B+ voltage for Temolo Lux amp model.

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.

Improved CPU usage.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Now, I am ready to sacrifice all other IR storage to just FullRes IR's

Awesome update, thanks!
FullRes in Legacy folder works fine via new AxeEdit (Mk1 user) and sounds pretty good.

But, I have a little bug with compressor block since 17.00 :
When I change compressor model with value knob, screen of my AxeFX blinks on every change.
That does not happen with other blocks when changing reverb models, amp models etc.
That's been there since v16.xx. I reported it back then but Cliff said he didn't consider it a bug.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bug-compressor-issues-with-16-03-16-04.174128/post-2118042

Updated to Beta, no prob. But - on my presets it almost immediately pegs Out 1 and 2 (but no output volume). Have to reboot the unit to fix.

Seems to work fine on Factory presets, and my presets where I don't have the MultiPlex? I can use new Axe Edit, change presets, delete Multiplex and reboot, and then that preset works fine. Example preset attached. Not sure that is it, but seems to be the common element...

Same deal here. I see it's already been fixed for the next release, but I just wanted to confirm it. I use a multiplexer on almost every preset haha!

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.
Thanks for this too ! I was wondering what's happening. Found a workaround in the meantime, I made my captures with Cab-Lab, loaded the .IR files, then sent "auto-trim" IRs to my Axe. Without auto-trim, there was a long leading silence which made mixing the new captures with other IRs in the cab block impossible

I was messing around with the pitch shifted reverbs at higher mix settings and I'm getting some subtle repeating clicking artifacts if I hit a bit chord and let it decay slowly. You can hear it best if you set the reverb to 100% wet and turn the size and time down. It's about 500 ms or so apart and doesn't seem to be affected by the splice time setting. Very hard to hear at "normal" mix settings though.

Edit: Seems to be most prevalent with longer time settings and lower size settings.

Last edited:
Possible bug with 17.01 : I used the IR Player block (in parallel with a cab block) to load two fullres IRs. The CAB 2 IR of that block doesn't produce any sound.

I find it better to work that way (IR Player in parallel) ; in the regular cab block, raising the fullres IRs level decrease the "normal" IR volume, which is not ideal, imho

Back
Top Bottom