Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

Updated to Beta, no prob. But - on my presets it almost immediately pegs Out 1 and 2 (but no output volume). Have to reboot the unit to fix.

Seems to work fine on Factory presets, and my presets where I don't have the MultiPlex? I can use new Axe Edit, change presets, delete Multiplex and reboot, and then that preset works fine. Example preset attached. Not sure that is it, but seems to be the common element...
Duplicated here on a MK II Turbo.
Not sure what purpose the multiplexer serves in the preset.
Can you elaborate?

My new guitar is back from the spa and this news drops. And us Canadians have a long weekend. You love to see it.

Thanks as always, FAS time.

Updated to Beta, no prob. But - on my presets it almost immediately pegs Out 1 and 2 (but no output volume). Have to reboot the unit to fix.

Seems to work fine on Factory presets, and my presets where I don't have the MultiPlex? I can use new Axe Edit, change presets, delete Multiplex and reboot, and then that preset works fine. Example preset attached. Not sure that is it, but seems to be the common element...
Confirmed. I will post a fix later tonight or early tomorrow.

Duplicated here on a MK II Turbo.
Not sure what purpose the multiplexer serves in the preset.
Can you elaborate?
Sure - was using it in combination with Channel and/or Scene to allow choosing which line of the preset to process. In that example, was allowing multiple ways to choose the WAH pedal, but I have other presets doing different things (like, you can change an entire rig - Drives, Amps, Cabs, Reverb types, etc all at once) just by choosing line 2 or 3 or 4 with a single click, and never change Scene or preset. Can do same thing with Mixer and other methods...

I can also program the same concept in other ways so not a biggie for me - just knew Cliff and team would want to know if there were bugs in Beta. Thats why its called Beeeeeta.

Can anyone comment on the CPU usage? I had to revert to 16.xx due to a few of my most used presets giving the Warning on 17.

Really looking forward to upgrading back though.
Made note of the preset CPU when updating Mk 1 from 17.0 to 17.01 Beta.
1- Amp/Cab, 1-Chorus, 1-Comp, 2-Drive, 3-Delay, 1-GEQ, 1-PanTrm, 1-Pitch, 1-PlexDly, 2-Reverb, 1-VolPan
17.0 = 83.8%
17.01 Beta = 76.9%

Last edited:
Awesome update, thanks!
FullRes in Legacy folder works fine via new AxeEdit (Mk1 user) and sounds pretty good.

But, I have a little bug with compressor block since 17.00 :
When I change compressor model with value knob, screen of my AxeFX blinks on every change.
That does not happen with other blocks when changing reverb models, amp models etc.

Band Commander with mega tap set to 1 tap at 50ms (slap back/spring territory) really augments the full rez IRs and AITR sound. Really digging this.
Thanks Cliff and team for yet another great update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom