Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

An updated version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

Overhauled the Megatap block. See the updated Blocks Guide for details.

Fixed pressing Tuner button in Axe-Edit brings up Reverb UI.

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Fixed wrong B+ voltage for Temolo Lux amp model.

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.

Improved CPU usage.

Various other fixes and improvements.
The pitch shifting added to the reverb block is a big thing for me - than you x

No. You need to wait for the new Axe-Edit. For now you can access them via the front panel.

Checked via the front panel, Slot 3. ODDLY enough, the last IR from Legacy bank is 189 - 4x12 G12M CREAMBACK MIX (CEL) via the Picker, but scrolling the "Number" selector from the CABS page it gets to 199 - 4x12 Recto Room R (YA).

Odd bug, but they're there. Thank you, Cliff!!!

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.
That's very cool, hope the feature lands on the FM3 as well. I've been using my Strymon Nightsky a lot recently and that's one of the features that makes it a nice "build your own reverb with blackjack and hookers" machine. The Fractal reverb block has mostly left me confused with its parameters even after reading the manual so I have mostly stuck with the presets and slight tweaks to them (and they do sound great like that). Adding pitch shifting as its own thing will certainly improve its capabilities at the ambient stuff.

What's the difference with the cab slots on the Axe-Fx 3? Are 3 and 4 run on a separate processor or something or why the distinction for what can and can't use Fullres IRs?

Checked via the front panel, Slot 3. ODDLY enough, the last IR from Legacy bank is 189 - 4x12 G12M CREAMBACK MIX (CEL) via the Picker, but scrolling the "Number" selector from the CABS page it gets to 199 - 4x12 Recto Room R (YA).
By the "Picker" you mean "selecting the "Number" field and pressing ENTER. Yes, I see that now.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/17p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_17p01_beta4.zip

An updated version of Axe-Edit is forthcoming.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added 10 FullRes IRs to the Legacy bank provided by Valhallir and York Audio. These are at the end of the bank. These can be loaded into the IR Player blocks or into Slots 3 and 4 of the Cabinet blocks. Note that Slots 1 and 2 of the Cabinet blocks do not support FullRes.

Adjusted Looper behavior so that when reaching the maximum recording time the behavior switches to that defined by Record 2nd Press ONLY on the first pass of a new recording.

Overhauled the Megatap block. See the updated Blocks Guide for details.
[Edit: Preview release here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Megatap.pdf]

Fixed pressing Tuner button in Axe-Edit brings up Reverb UI.

Fixed Amp block power tube “kvb” not being set correctly in rare circumstances. This caused the output level of the amp block to change depending upon the previous preset used.

Fixed wrong B+ voltage for Temolo Lux amp model.

Fixed IR Capture not saving correctly if IR Type set to UltraRes.

Improved CPU usage.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Sounds like a big one - shimmerverb and some full res for the little people.

Back
Top Bottom