Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

Holding down "Ctrl" (Windows) while turning the Distance knobs allows for more minute adjustment. Reduces the knob value increase/decrease from around 3.4ms to around 0.3ms. Someone with a Mac could check to see if the same applies to using the "Command" key.

Maybe it is better the other way around now so that CTRL key is used for 3.4ms and the default is the fine adjustment. Most of the time I move them only a little...

It's a Beta, I'm sure it will be all lined out for the release. If it means an extra keystroke to hold ctrl down and use the arrows, it's not a big deal. It's not something you do constantly.

So... #betagiggersanonymous.... I'm tempted to use this at a small beer garden gig this weekend.... mainly to play with the shimmers and have some fullres in my ears!

Maybe it is better the other way around now so that CTRL key is used for 3.4ms and the default is the fine adjustment. Most of the time I move them only a little...

You can't change the function of CTRL per parameter, that would be very confusing.

It's a Beta, I'm sure it will be all lined out for the release. If it means an extra keystroke to hold ctrl down and use the arrows, it's not a big deal. It's not something you do constantly.
If it’s a « new feature » it’s nice to tell it to customers . No it’s not a « big deal », but it’s something new. Beta are done to received feedbacks. when things are worse than before it’s never cool or an improvement. Don’t think they like the new knob movement

So... #betagiggersanonymous.... I'm tempted to use this at a small beer garden gig this weekend.... mainly to play with the shimmers and have some fullres in my ears!
Maybe a stupid question - but how do you get the fullres IRs in one output and normal IRs on another? Just via 2 cab blocks...?

If it’s a « new feature » it’s nice to tell it to customers
It was described in the FW 17.0 release notes (emphasis added):
Increased Mic Distance range in Cabinet block to 3.4m (~11 feet). This allows delaying room mic IRs that have been trimmed to remove the leading silence. The alignment graph now features a Zoom control that changes the abscissa between 3ms and 12ms.
The fact that the maximum value increased automatically changes how the knob behaves in Axe-Edit.
I agree it's not optimal because the only use case where huge distances might be neccessary seem to be the FullRes IRs. But using Ctrl-Click is a decent workaround and any other solution I could think of would break some of the existing UI patterns, so I won't complain if it stays like this...

I can confirm that some reverbs crackle
Reverbs are definitely crackling; I have attached a simple preset to demonstrate this.
I used synth and auto-swell to take out any guitar related artifact and set reverb at 100% mix. Just play a few single notes, and the reverb tails will start crackling quite audibly. I found this to occur in most longer reverbs, regardless of reverb type.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Reverb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Reverbs are definitely crackling; I have attached a simple preset to demonstrate this.
I used synth and auto-swell to take out any guitar related artifact and set reverb at 100% mix. Just play a few single notes, and the reverb tails will start crackling quite audibly. I found this to occur in most longer reverbs, regardless of reverb type.
Hope this helps.
This is a known bug and already fixed for the next release.

Hope this helps.
The crackling that can be achieved with this preset is clipping, not really any type of a bug. Turning down the OUT 1 Level can eliminate it in most instances but it's still possible to generate enough volume/signal to cause clipping within the Reverb block which will be audible regardless of the OUT 1 Level. This has been possible in my experience with reverb in general.

Cliff has been remarkable quiet the last week. Looks like the bugs reported would a no-brainer for “the man”…but no official release yet. Its friday. Maybe we are up for a plesant surprise? 😀

Back
Top Bottom