Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

Experienced what a couple of people have mentioned, some crackling or clicking in the Reverb trails, clearly heard @ 10 second mark. It can be sped up or slowed down by adjusting the Size parameter, you can hear the parameter being adjusted @ 12 seconds (increasing the Size) and 20 seconds (decreasing the Size) then a change in the speed of the clicking.

EDIT: I didn't tap the strings or move the guitar.

Attachments

• Experimental.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Experienced what a couple of people have mentioned, some crackling or clicking in the Reverb trails, clearly heard @ 10 second mark. It can be sped up or slowed down by adjusting the Size parameter, you can hear the parameter being adjusted @ 12 seconds (increasing the Size) and 20 seconds (decreasing the Size) then a change in the speed of the clicking.

Adjusting the size parameter will causes artifacts. Always has. Don't adjust it while playing.

Adjusting the size parameter will causes artifacts. Always has. Don't adjust it while playing.
The clicking occurs before adjusting the parameter, it can be heard beginning @ 7 seconds. The parameter wasn't adjusted until @ 12 seconds. The only point of adjusting the parameter was to show the increase or decrease of speed depending upon the Size setting.

EDIT: I didn't tap the strings or move the guitar.

I can hear it in your clip but your preset doesn't do it here. Are you sure you're using 17.01 beta 5?

Yep that's the same ticking I was hearing before as well. Since rebooting again after the FW upgrade, I've not had it come back on 17.00 or the 17.01 betas.

Yep that's the same ticking I was hearing before as well. Since rebooting again after the FW upgrade, I've not had it come back on 17.00 or the 17.01 betas.
Restarted the Axe III and it's working as it should. I've been using Beta 5 since Sunday and trying out the new Reverbs and pitch feature, this is the first time I heard it. Sorry to bug you guys.

Restarted the Axe III and it's working as it should. I've been using Beta 5 since Sunday and trying out the new Reverbs and pitch feature, this is the first time I heard it. Sorry to bug you guys.
I figured it out. If you switch back and forth between a spring type and a non-spring type a pointer can get out of alignment.

I figured it out. If you switch back and forth between a spring type and a non-spring type a pointer can get out of alignment.
That makes sense why I didn't experience it the past couple of days. Tried a spring reverb this afternoon, first time in awhile I've used one, but didn't have the affect on the tone I wanted so went back to a non-spring type. Didn't dawn on me that it could be the cause. That's why you get the big bucks! :cool:

I wish it was (much lighter). But 250+ days of lockdown is starting to grate. Still, better days ahead!
Make a bowl of popcorn and watch The Shining. It'll make you feel right at home. :)

stanley-kubricks-the-shining-at-universals-halloween-horror-nights-2017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom