Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

What exactly makes them not compatible with 1 and 2 in mk1 if the unit has the cpu and memory to run them?

Yeah, it froze while reading 82%, but then I tried unmuting only one channel and it jumped to 95%
Each FullRes cab will add about 12% CPU so that seems about right. Presets that are already borderline on CPU are not going to be able to run FullRes.

Thanks to @2112 I discovered that a) fullres is in the mk1 now 2) we have new reverbs to play with?!

This machine is the gift that keeps on giving.

I get crackling noise in the tails of the new "Zephyr" and the "Diffused Delay".
I think similiar things have been stated here before.

e: This happens also with the "Megaverb" in the Megatap Block.

I get crackling noise in the tails of the new "Zephyr" and the "Diffused Delay".

I can confirm that some reverbs crackle

I also noticed some crackling with the Zephyr yesterday. Will try again today.

Hi, i installed this version yesterday and love it! the only thing that doesn't work is when i want to change the reverb type it doesn't load the correct one, it seems to go random. Any ideas to correct that !?

This happens on all presets, if the problem has been listed I apologize in advance, thank you!

Hi, i installed this version yesterday and love it! the only thing that doesn't work is when i want to change the reverb type it doesn't load the correct one, it seems to go random. Any ideas to correct that !?

This happens on all presets, if the problem has been listed I apologize in advance, thank you!
Is this in Axe Edit or on the front panel? Axe Edit is not updated for this beta & there are new reverbs so that might account for the mismatch.

So there's a new Megatap Delay algorithm called "Decepticons."

Just wondering... any potential copyright / legal issues there?
Probably not. There are lots of things with the same names, even songs with the same names. A song would have to have a melody or lyrics being copied.

Remember that little company called "Apple Records" tried to sue "Apple Computers" saying the names were the same, and kept losing in court because the two names are easily told apart because they're different technologies.

Last edited:
"Fractal Audio, more updates than Microsoft" :)

Can't wait to try this out but my front panel skills are zero.

Back
Top Bottom