Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

Bitta beeeeeta stuff

So much candy in the Megatap and Reveb block I didn't even notice the new types in the DELAY block! :D That Zephyr algorithm sits so perfectly behind your lead tones.

I'm not crazy here right? The reverse reverb echo type in the Megatap wasn't there before the betas, right? That's a new factory setting for the block? I've spent all weekend doubting my memory and also too lazy to rollback to pre-beta to check it. :D

@FractalAudio I was playing around with the placement of the pitch shifts in the block and I think you've unlocked a ton of the secret sauce behind a bunch of the pedals on the market with this setting. Being able to move the placement point around yields some very different and truly wild results for the same pitch settings.

Last edited:
Is allowing for adjustment of the fade in/out length of the samples possible? If I could make the fade on the sample a little longer when using it with the distorted signal I wouldn't get the collison on the end and start of the repeats, pehaps.
No, that's not the way it works. The envelope is "maximally smooth" and can't be any smoother. What you are hearing is a consequence of the nature of pitch shifting. You've taken something with a fast initial transient and made the transient even faster by speeding it up in time.

No, that's not the way it works. The envelope is "maximally smooth" and can't be any smoother. What you are hearing is a consequence of the nature of pitch shifting. You've taken something with a fast initial transient and made the transient even faster by speeding it up in time.
As always, I appreciate the time you take to explain how this stuff actually works.

If it is pitch i would bet it is using a ton of cpu

from the release notes:

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.

I know it a combination block
of verb/ pitch
but can you just use the pitch shift alone like a an addl micropitch block ?
just curious you would essentially then have 3 pitch blocks

I loaded up the new firmware and it sounded great. I went to my stock preset and and added the Legacy FullRes Greenback cab, left channel in slot 3, right channel in slot 4, set both to -12db, and when I hit a note I got a rapid high pitched beep-beep-beep sound, then all the cabs automatically switched to being muted and solo'd at the same time, then the unit completely froze and wouldn't play a note or respond to any buttons on the unit or in Axe Edit until I rebooted it. What could be causing this?

Well, thank you. Truly.

I love This Mortal Coil but don't know if I've seen any Jeff Nichols films. Zach Snyder used it in Justice League and it was the best part of that otherwise slog of a film. :D
I don't like you anymore...You are wrong.. Snyder Justice League was to short! but great....I want more

from the release notes:

Added dedicated Pitch Shifting to the Reverb block. This can be used to create “Shimmer Reverbs” easier than using separate Pitch and Reverb blocks (and with less CPU usage). Several new types are included to demonstrate the capability.
Its intresting and I see how it could be beneficial to something like an FM9 as well if you can use a additional pitch fx , its allowing some pitch to be handled on the reverb core again may be totally wrong

I loaded up the new firmware and it sounded great. I went to my stock preset and and added the Legacy FullRes Greenback cab, left channel in slot 3, right channel in slot 4, set both to -12db, and when I hit a note I got a rapid high pitched beep-beep-beep sound, then all the cabs automatically switched to being muted and solo'd at the same time, then the unit completely froze and wouldn't play a note or respond to any buttons on the unit or in Axe Edit until I rebooted it. What could be causing this?
CPU overload.

Bitta beeeeeta stuff

Craziness. Last week I was torn between ordering the Hydrasynth and the Virus and ultimately ended up ordering the Hydra. So wild to see it in your video, in the same manner I was going to use it. Now I just need to build some robot hands to play what I want it to while I play guitar lol

Back
Top Bottom