Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.01 Public Beta #2

But they don't show up mid-gig and force you to install it :tearsofjoy:
Haha....force reboot, then a removal of the updates as they couldn't be applied, then auto apply the update, force reboot, then a removal of the updates as they couldn't be applied.

Rinse and repeat.....

I always imagine the Microsoft update departments patch management process as being like a balloon where when you cover one leak, another springs up. Then the balloon becomes so fragile you just scrap it and get another balloon......Balloon XP, Balloon 7 now Balloon 11.

I can't wait to try this out.

17.0 with the York Audio IRs sounded phenomenal. Having mostly used modellers my who life, the AITR sound I have never looked for, didn't realise what I was missing as it does sound like I am in the rehearsal room.

Purchased my Axe right before Cygnus, almost the release date. I don't think there was a better time to become an axe-addict.

Those full res are indeed brilliant for recording, for a live setting I prefer off.

But those new mega, delays, pitch reverb.... i feel like I have my H9s back, and more. For free, no less

Haha....force reboot, then a removal of the updates as they couldn't be applied, then auto apply the update, force reboot, then a removal of the updates as they couldn't be applied.

Rinse and repeat.....

I always imagine the Microsoft update departments patch management process as being like a balloon where when you cover one leak, another springs up. Then the balloon becomes so fragile you just scrap it and get another balloon......Balloon XP, Balloon 7 now Balloon 11.
*soap bubble

So I finally got around to testing the new FullRes IR's, specifically the @York Audio Recto cabs. With headphones, I could play through these things soloed all day and night. It's a super guttural and authoritative sound when coupled with Recto 2 Red Modern that I haven't been able to get before. These kinds of tones make life worth living, IMO (amongst countless other things but you know what I mean). Might post some clips tomorrow. But yeah...FullRes feels like the final frontier in amp modeling.

Back
Top Bottom