Axe fx edit

Megusgeorgueus

Do I need an interface to plug my axe fx into my new Mac studio ? Or just the usb ? I’m really over my head in this .. been nothing but petal boards for 30 years

Do I need an interface to plug my axe fx into my new Mac studio ? Or just the usb ? I’m really over my head in this .. been nothing but petal boards for 30 years
You don't really need another USB audio interface but that is an option I recommend.
I use the XLR outs into a USB audio interface in order to setup my presets for playing live.
However, if you are just recording etc, nope just one USB cable into your mac will be enough.

Need, no. If you plan on doing any serious recording with above basic routing needs, yes. Otherwise, USB, a decent set of monitors to hear what you're doing and you are good to go.

You don't really need another USB audio interface but that is an option I recommend.
I use the XLR outs into a USB audio interface in order to setup my presets for playing live.
However, if you are just recording etc, nope just one USB cable into your mac will be enough.

I use it as my soundcard and that works. (Desktop PC <-- USB cable --> desktop windows PC
(in your case MAC OS)

But:

If you keep Axe Edit open (like me) or have PC with bad USB (like me) you will run into USB problems like audio driver suddenly into sleepmode or spotify not responding anymore or sound drops/strange noise when using batch stuff or heavy preset editing

For recording and or when you have SPDIF on your laptop I would recommend SPDIF (!)

Back
Top Bottom