Axe-Fx Direct with Budget Guitar and Cable

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Well we can't blame it on the guitar/pickups or the pick or the cables. Ok now lets hear that with so much gain it doesn't matter, lol. I beg to disagree. Same preset as yesterday but with lower gain(yes it's true) and less delay. Thanks for watching :)

Mark

Ahhh. Actually the cellphone effect does sound more encoded, like high speed Morse, but the pitch is similar.

Nice one!
I'm convinced that you, Mark, could make any guitar sound bitchen plugged into an AxeFx. Heh

Great example Mark... guess I will not be letting my wife see or hear that one!

Mark, what adapter are you using to make the Tascam work with your iPhone6? All of the iXJ2 units I can find have the 30-pin out, instead of the lightning.

Thanks

Lee

Ah, thanks. I didn't know with certainty that it would work. I once bought a connecter, when the iPhone5 just came out, and it looked like it would allow a USB memory card to attach, which I thought would be cool. Dang thing was a one trick pony, so I've gotten a bit more cautious I guess you could say. Haha. Cheers.

Yes you need a 30-pin to lightning adaptor. Available through Amazon (and doubtless elsewhere).

Many report that the 3rd party 30pin to lightning cables do not work. I know for sure that the original Apple one does in fact work 100%.

Thanks for the info Mark. FYI, I ordered 2 of the Tascam devices (my wife wanted one, too) when I found them for $19.99 each with no tax and free shipping! Hell of a deal.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom