Axe Fx comparissions

waylander69

Inspired
Hi
Fìrstly let me say I have an fx ii for the last 5 years and it's awesome and have read with great anticipation all the info regarding the FM3.
I also dream of an FX3 lol but first I need to complete a sound proofed man cave which is in progress.
Looking for feedback on the follow thought
FX2 has less processing power than the FX3 and at present both run Ares firmware ( not sure if the mods to run on fx2 have contributed quality level ) as I can't compare but others have been rapturous about the fx3 .
The fm3 is going to run Ares with limitations on blocks available.
Now for the clever people out there that know about processing power etc if all three units fx2 , fx3 & fm3 all run Ares firmware today will they / should they all sound the same ?

Forgive me if this has been asked , but I don't believe I have seen question raised in this context , to me if you can run software to create an mp3 for example the software should always give the same result at the end. However if you have hi fi and you compare a $300 unit to a $30,000 unit your going to hear totally different music.

Standing back to watch the fireworks display ;)
BTW on the wait list for an FM3 and need it desperately and this question is a curiosity only

G \../

The Axe FX II doesn’t run the same Ares firmware as the III and the FM3. The Axe FX II has an “Ares” version of firmware that contains some of the characteristics of the amp modeling from the Axe FX III Ares firmware. It’s been stated that the FM3 will run the same firmware as the III, with minor differences (missing a couple of “tweaker” amp parameters).

The Axe FX II is end-of-life, or very close. The Axe FX III has been getting regular updates to amp modeling and other firmware additions, and presumably will continue to be updated for a while.

Back
Top Bottom