Axe-Fx Blocks in sysex mode conversion to blk?

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
So I recently noticed (guess I dont use them that much) my old fx/cab blocks are gone. I know an update made them useless? and now must be in blk format.

I just want to double check there is no way to send these to the axe fx, and then convert them to blk. Any ideas?

If they are syx block files you can send them with a standard midi librarian software
I have no idea how to do that, I opened midiox, and tried to send but really didnt know where it went. not sure I can direct it into a patch

I've reverse engineered the blk fileformat, so next fractool will allow conversion between block syx and blk files and also between different machines blk files :)
Hi, I can not find the option where you can transform .syx to .blk in fractool 3.52
There is the option where you can transform cabs from one platform to the other, I choose Axe FX III and the file steel .syx and my AXE III 15.01 only take .blk
I have the same problem with tonematch block, even in AXE III older versions.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-01-17 a las 10.15.22.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2021-01-17 a las 10.15.22.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3
  • U1.0002_V30.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi, I can not find the option where you can transform .syx to .blk in fractool 3.52
There is the option where you can transform cabs from one platform to the other, I choose Axe FX III and the file steel .syx and my AXE III 15.01 only take .blk
I have the same problem with tonematch block, even in AXE III older versions.
Ok, so the problem with .syx cabs, I think I've solved if I use Tools/Manage cabs/ I can load it.
But I can not load the tonematch files.

Yiu have to export tonematches as cabs. Open a preset with tma block, right click on tma block, it's there
Right clicking Tonematch block I have Edit, Move, Bypass/Engage, Channel, Libary/save, but I find the option to open.
Also if I load as new cab, there is no sound.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-01-17 a las 12.35.00.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-01-17 a las 12.35.00.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Preset with tonematch.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom