Axe FX backup EEPROM chip

Jaz1956

Hi all - was watching the Forum recently and Jason mentioned that he'd accidentally messed up an update by switching off the power too soon and that he was ordering an emergency backup EEPROM chip from Fractal to get his Axe going again. Now I know that the XL and XL+ have these built in so I got to wondering if there was a way out for us Mk2 or Mk1 guys and quick as a flash the info was supplied on here to say that there's a spare socket for the chip and that a jumper just needs to be set to get booting again - straight forward computer stuff.
Well since I'm in the UK and not the US I made enquiries from our Distributor G66 in Germany and today the wonderful Jochem emailed me to say that he's sending me a chip FREE, Gratis and for nothing:D:):D
Now is that service or what?

That's great service and completely normal within the realms of Fractal Audio... This is what really makes a great product - having the support when you need it, either direct from FAS or from one of their distributors.

This (and great products) is what helps lifts them above other companies.

It'd be cool if specific people in a given region had one of these on hand. That way if your Mk I / Mk II gets borked, it might just be a couple hours of driving to get it, rather than waiting days for one to be mailed.

Hi all - was watching the Forum recently and Jason mentioned that he'd accidentally messed up an update by switching off the power too soon and that he was ordering an emergency backup EEPROM chip from Fractal to get his Axe going again. Now I know that the XL and XL+ have these built in so I got to wondering if there was a way out for us Mk2 or Mk1 guys and quick as a flash the info was supplied on here to say that there's a spare socket for the chip and that a jumper just needs to be set to get booting again - straight forward computer stuff.
Well since I'm in the UK and not the US I made enquiries from our Distributor G66 in Germany and today the wonderful Jochem emailed me to say that he's sending me a chip FREE, Gratis and for nothing:D:):D
Now is that service or what?

Same here - I did a few pics in a thread as I changed my eprom. Very easy to do.

http://www.axefx.de/showthread.php/...-Absturz-des-Ax-Fx-II-Mk-II-mit-Hilfe-von-G66

I never understood why isn't the dump of that eeprom available for download so you can cook your own backup eeprom...

Back
Top Bottom