Wish Axe FX at 96k

Some audio interfaces are capable of performing src on spdif input, which is what I think you mean. Many DAWs however, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, are capable of doing both in and out src on the fly, so one option would be to leave your audio interface at 48k. Whether that's a good option for you depends on the reason you're using 96k.

This would be so much simpler if the Axe-FX had selectable i/o sample rate :).

No, i mean on output. Recording the DI into the AXE over SPDIF is easy cause of SRC. I'm talking about reamping, you have to get that signal BACK to the axe, over spdif, and that's where it's hard to do the SRC on the output

That's what I'm saying. Many DAWs handle the src for you automatically. So you could take advantage of that by setting your audio interface to 48k. That may or may not be a good option for you.

That's what I'm saying. Many DAWs handle the src for you automatically. So you could take advantage of that by setting your audio interface to 48k. That may or may not be a good option for you.

Ahh, understood. You're saying to actually run the DAW session at a different sample rate than the interface is set to. That seems problematic in pro tools. maybe time to just use the AXE over USB from another DAW then just input that back into PT.

Yes, if ONLY we could just do 96k from the AXE.... sigh

Back
Top Bottom