Axe-Fx and Ohms?

dumbeat

Inspired
When placing different Cabs(more than one), in the Cab block, does the axe make them react and sound as if they share the resistance the way real cabs do?

In general, i did not see much Ohm settings if any.

What about that whole thing?

Thanks.

No, if I'm understanding the question.

I think you're referring to speaker impedance which is usually reported in ohms, e.g. 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms, correct? This is a single number that captures the "nominal" impedance load. It doesn't capture impedance as a function of frequency which is important for amp + speaker modeling.

The CAB block is a snapshot of the freq response of the speaker+cab independent of impedance interactions with the amplifier. Putting two in parallel or series only impacts the freq response but not the "load" on the amplifier (AMP). The CAB and AMP blocks are totally independent.

The speaker impedance curve is modeled in the AMP block and shown on the speaker page. The actual impedance in ohms isn't as important as the impedance as a function of frequency. I suppose there could be a way to shift virtual impedance, but not sure why that would be important to model? Most real amps are designed to handle certain loads and playing with the impedance (too low) could fry the amp, esp. tube.

Thanks all. My question was originated at what happens to my cabs when i connect several to a single amp, and than i went off thinking about extreme situations, such as connecting 4 4X12 cabs to a little 5w Amp(or a 100w amp to a little 6" speaker) and whether i need to adjust manually or is the Axe automatically make the extreme rig sound as it would have in reality.

Back
Top Bottom