AXE FX AND JMP-1 TO VHT FOR STEREO

serge20261

Inspired
Hi All,

I have a problem again...........I have a GCX switcher by Voodoo Labs and a GCP.I am trying to connect the axe fx ,jmp-1 and vht 2/50/2 to work in stereo.Can someone tell me how to hook everthing up?Prior to this I was simply using one cable from the vht to the axe fx and one from the Vht to speaker.Not sure what to do as most illustrated instructions show a cable from the amps fx loop,problem is the vht does not have a fx loop or whatever,Some of you may be questioning the use of a jmp-1..........I use the jmp-1 for crunch and overdrive as the axe has a problem with overdrivin
sounds as mentioned in previous posts that blown speaker sound.Thanks in advance

First of all, RTFM.

Secondly, use the 4 cable method. It's in TFM. :mrgreen:

Unless I'm missing something, you'd want to put the JMP in the Axe's loop and then send Out1 L and R to your VHT. Then to your cabs. That would give you stereo and the option of either preamp and all the effects.

In other words, you don't really need the GCX for this. Unless of course you want to incorporate other pedals. In that case you could still use the 4CM and have your guitar hit the GCX, loops for your pedals and then out of the last GCX loop to the input of the Axe.

Another slightly more complicated method would be to put your Axe front end into one loop of the GCX, that loop to the next with the JMP 1 in it. Then the output of that loop to the return of the Axe. Then your Axe's fx loop outs to the VHT.

Dave

My rig is actually similar except that I use an Egnater M4 instead of the JMP1 and I'm running WDW. Here's my diagram. You could follow loops 3 and 4 for yours. The routing back to the Axe would be the same except you wouldn't use a "Y" cable. I have the "Y" so I can split the signal to the VHT for the dry signal and the Axe's Fx loop return for the wet.

my_rig.bmp

CudBucket said:
My rig is actually similar except that I use an Egnater M4 instead of the JMP1 and I'm running WDW. Here's my diagram. You could follow loops 3 and 4 for yours. The routing back to the Axe would be the same except you wouldn't use a "Y" cable. I have the "Y" so I can split the signal to the VHT for the dry signal and the Axe's Fx loop return for the wet.

my_rig.bmp

Thank you very much for your time and effort.The manuels are to difficult for me to grasp,however your diagram does it for me not that i understand the principals behind it ,so long as i get some sound happening.You say that i dont need the GCX??? would i be able to run the JMP and axe both together or seperatly without the gcx????The guy that sold me the gcx said that it was the only way i could get the two pre amps working in unison or seperatly,but hey when it comes to this stuff they can tell me anything.

PS.i have a marshall quad box would that work in stereo?? I have noticed that it has 2 speaker jacks or would it be better to run my 2 x 12 bogner cab and the marshall with it???

Serge

Yes you can run the axefx and jmp at the same time w/o a switcher.

guitar - axefx input 1 front
axefx output 2 - jmp in
jmp out - axe-fx input2
axe-fx output 1 - vht
vht - cab

When you want to use the jmp, put an effect loop block in the axe-fx patch. You can place it wherever you want in the signal chain.

so you could go wah-chorus- fx loop (jmp1)-delay-rev-output 1(vht)

If you don't want to use the jmp, just don't put an fx loop in the block

To run them together you can run one w/ the fx loop, another w/ amp sims.

Back
Top Bottom