Axe-Fx # Acoustic Sim

I agree, I really like the ‘make my electric into accoustic’ preset in the AUstin Buddy pack, especially scene 3 - chorus. You could check out his website in case there is a sample / video to listen to, so that you can hear if it’s the sort of thing you are looking for.

I can't find this preset. I have the both the Austinbuddy 700 and the 1000 pack. Which folder is it in?

This is all IMHO:

Many of the available acoustic presets capture the sound of an acoustic guitar pretty good, either by playing an acoustic or an electric. Tried them from various sources.

Where they “fail” (sorry, harsh words, I know, so I add again: IMHO) is in capturing the live feel of an acoustic guitar. The sound is fine but flat. I need to feel the resonance, the body, depth.

This can be remedied. Add another Cab block in parallel, with the trusted Guitarbody IR. This does the job.

@austinbuddy has an excellent Electric-to-Acoustic preset. Just adding that additional cab makes it work better for me, capturing the sound AND the body and feel of a real acoustic, while playing an electric guitar.

I just had a look in the 1000 pack and if you go to Austin’s files and choose the Bank 2 file and then preset 062 ‘make my electric into acoustic’.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

G.

This is all IMHO:

Most of the available acoustic presets capture the sound of an acoustic guitar pretty good, either by playing an acoustic or an electric. Tried them from Fremen, Buddy, Marco, Moke and others.

Where they “fail” (sorry, harsh words, I know, so I add again: IMHO) is in capturing the live feel of an acoustic guitar. The sound is rather flat. I need to feel the resonance, the body.

This can be remedied. Add another Cab block in parallel, with the trusted Guitarbody IR. This does the job.

@austinbuddy has an excellent Electric-to-Acoustic preset. Just adding that additional cab made it work for me, capturing the sound AND the body and feel of a real acoustic, while playing an electric guitar.

Wow that Guitarbody IR is a fantastic addition to the overall tone. Thanks for that heads up. Exactly what I have been feeling missing all along is just body vibration. I wind up adding too much low end to compensate then it just gets ugly from there.

What a great tip! I finally got around to adding a new scene with the Guitarbody cab in parallel as you suggest. It sounds great! Thank you gents, much appreciated.

Ps I do still really like the original too.

Cheers.

This is all IMHO:

Most of the available acoustic presets capture the sound of an acoustic guitar pretty good, either by playing an acoustic or an electric. Tried them from Fremen, Buddy, Marco, Moke and others.

Where they “fail” (sorry, harsh words, I know, so I add again: IMHO) is in capturing the live feel of an acoustic guitar. The sound is rather flat. I need to feel the resonance, the body.

@austinbuddy has an excellent Electric-to-Acoustic preset. Just adding that additional cab made it work for me, capturing the sound AND the body and feel of a real acoustic, while playing an electric guitar.
Where do we get the Guitarbody IR? Thanks!

I couldn't open it with Fractool so I'm trying to convert the Gtrbody IR with Fractool and getting bad checksum on the III. Any ideas?

This is all IMHO:

Many of the available acoustic presets capture the sound of an acoustic guitar pretty good, either by playing an acoustic or an electric. Tried them from various sources.

Where they “fail” (sorry, harsh words, I know, so I add again: IMHO) is in capturing the live feel of an acoustic guitar. The sound is rather flat. I need to feel the resonance, the body, depth.

@austinbuddy has an excellent Electric-to-Acoustic preset. Just adding that additional cab made it work better for me, capturing the sound AND the body and feel of a real acoustic, while playing an electric guitar.

Yek - How do you set up the additional cab block in parallel from a signal flow standpoint? Where do you split the signal to go to that cab? Do you have the out of that cab mixed back into the main signal and then everything coming out of a single output of the Axe, or do you run the additional cab out of a separate output?

Thank you!

Gary

Back
Top Bottom