Axe-Fx 3 Reset

neale dunham

Experienced
Hi,

Ive just performed a reset on my Axe 3 by using Setup>Utilities> Reset system parameters.

I have been advised to run this by experienced and trusted members of the forum such as Yek and Chris to eliminate possible bugs and issues I have with my rig.

However, does anybody know offhand, if I restore from my most recent back-up after performing the reset, whether it will just reinstall all of the software bugs etc I might have "saved" from the last back-up or does the unit just reset the internals and I can continue safe in the knowledge that I have eliminated what was causing the issues and restore my unit just how it was?

Restoring your backup after resetting the system is just that. All of the system will be minty fresh and back to stock however if there are problems with the presets them selves that you backed up it won't do anything to fix those.

I do have questions and a few suggestions. Was this your video and are you trying to get the AFXIII to sound just like that Marshall JVM?

Depends on what you restore.

Reset System Parameters will reset your system parameters.

You can also save system parameters with Bot and load them if needed.

If you just restore your presets, then you aren’t loading the system data. If you do restore your system data, you are restoring the system data.

System data/parameters aren’t save or loaded with presets.

I just assumed he has done backups and knows there are banks and system setting that you choose to backup and or restore.

Hi Tom,

I've given up on the whole SS Power amp thing. Learnt a valuable lesson in the process. Try not to listen to those proclaiming that a solid state amplifier sounds like a Valve Tube amp! It doesn't. and it never will.
I ditched the Matrix stuff and bought a Fryette Powerstation instead. Much happier.

I have backed up all of Presets etc and have re-installed them successfully this morning. All seems good so far.

I was unaware that you can save system parameters and data with Fractal Bot. I will look into this as this seems quite useful too.

Thanks for the support.

Back
Top Bottom