Axe Fx 3 Rental

Satch4u3

Experienced
I've had a local sound production company reach out to me to rent my Axe Fx 3 for a guitarist in a touring act. It's for one show. I have never done this sort of thing before. What do you guys think is a fair price to charge for the rental?

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I have no idea what the cost should be, but I expect it should be comparable to what a 100W head would rent for, since the price to purchase is similar.

Personally : Would not do it. You got your Axe Fx for yourself, not to start a business. It might come back in the same condition and it may not.
The company may pay for damages , if they occur . But you are the one who has to deal with sending it out and so on. (Your time)

If it's a one time rental - would not do it. Too much risk, for small reward.

If it was for a periodic rental, then I'd buy a second Axe3 specifically for rental.

I remember letting a guitarist borrow my Axe2 rig....and then watching the show, and the band putting beers on top of my rack case...watching the band jumping and the bottles moving around. I'm thinking to myself - if it gets damaged, could they replace it? And came to the conclusion - if they could afford to replace it, they wouldn't be borrowing mine in the first place.

what ever the cost of purchasing a new one is what I'd rent it for, get the $ upfront before handing it over.

I'd skip it. I've gone down the renting out gear road and it is so much more hassle than it's worth unless all your amps are players/touring grade and you don't mind more wear and tear.

Hell, I had one venue actually argue with me over whether the amps on their stage, which I had rented out to them the night prior, were actually mine to take back! I'll never forget the sour face that smug bartender made after I told him "look man just call the number on the back of the amps if you don't believe they're mine" and the phone in my pocket started ringing...

Back
Top Bottom