Axe FX 3 quality as an Interface?

Dord anyone know how the Axe3 compares in the audio interface market? Is it suitable to make a full In The Box record? (Minus mic pre).

I just dont know what an "Audiophile grade signal path" means when comparing to something like an Antelope.

Thanks

As an audio interface, it has the following problems:
1) No mic pre.
2) Locked to 48khz

Other than that, it works perfect.
I'm talking about Axe 2 here, but Axe 3 is probably no different.

The USB recording, as well as analog I/O options, is Superior to earlier models to be sure(at least with Mac). The design seems to be geared to easier in the box recording , and the headphone out is superb. I have always been wary of using the AXE FX II as the sole interface (I use Apollo stuff) but I could see giving the III the top spot in the aggregate device...;)

The USB recording, as well as analog I/O options, is Superior to earlier models to be sure(at least with Mac). The design seems to be geared to easier in the box recording , and the headphone out is superb. I have always been wary of using the AXE FX II as the sole interface (I use Apollo stuff) but I could see giving the III the top spot in the aggregate device...;)

i'm on the Eu waitlist and I'm asking me the same thing (I own an Apollo Twin Dog Thunderbolt).

Does the Axe-Fx 3 have any better controls for routing and muting/soloing outs? I know you can do a lot of that in a DAW but I appreciate that my old audio interface has its own control panel software where I can control the pan, level (-10/+4), input and output vol etc settings conveniently at any point. That's what has kept me from using my Axe-Fx 2 for anything but recording guitar. The lack of a fan is also nice.

Does the Axe-Fx 3 have any better controls for routing and muting/soloing outs? I know you can do a lot of that in a DAW but I appreciate that my old audio interface has its own control panel software where I can control the pan, level (-10/+4), input and output vol etc settings conveniently at any point. That's what has kept me from using my Axe-Fx 2 for anything but recording guitar. The lack of a fan is also nice.
Yes ,on the front panel , we don’t yet know the capabilities of AxeEdit III

Back
Top Bottom