Axe-Fx 3 program change "misfire" bug using Studio One 3

Jeff_S_CT

Hi all,

I'm controling my axe-fx3 using a program change automation track in my DAW (Presonus Studio One 3) in order to switch between scenes of a single preset. This all works fine and I'm able to change scenes during songs as one would expect.
HOWEVER, sometimes the axe-fx3 decides to spontaneously change scenes in the middle of a song where there is absolutely no program change set... Picture a fast agressive song with a single scene set from start to finish, and where the axe-fx3 suddently switches to a warm mellow clean for absolutely no reason... FYI, these bugs happen at random moments, i.e not at the same spot in the DAW session from one time to the other, and I run the processor at 80 %, so no warning sign of any kind.
This makes it unreliable for live use (as I initially intended to use it)...

Any suggestion regarding why this happens and how to change it?

Thanks a lot !

Studio One should have a MIDI message monitor you could watch for any PC, CC, or sysex messages that are getting sent to the Axe. If it only happens when connected to the DAW, seems like something external is sending a MIDI message somehow. Any other keyboards, MIDI controllers, DAW control surfaces, or anything else connected that might be accidentally sending something?

Thanks for the answer ! You mean something external connected to the DAW ? There is just the console/soundcard (Soundcraft ui24r). The rest is just made of some guitar wireless emiters/recepters, but there is no MIDI device (or at least nothing that can send MIDI signals as far as I know).
I'll check the MIDI monitor tonight

The Axe-Fx won't change scenes/channels/presets unless instructed to. Your DAW is sending a MIDI message.

Back
Top Bottom