Axe fx 3 not recognised by usb

Hey all, i'm having all sorts of trouble with the usb connection on my axe fx 3 to my pc. Pc is windows 8.1. The pc does not see the axe 3 99% of the time. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers a million times. I usually get an error 105 saying that it can't connect to the device when installing the drivers so that process doesn't complete. Occasionally the pc will recognise a 'usb sound device' before drivers are installed. Have tried 3 different cables, 2 brand new and one only 2 ft long. Have tried all usb ports available and have no issues at all with all my other usb devices ie sound card midi controller etc. Any ideas?

does your USB port(s) have any problems with other USB sound devices? not normal USB devices. Which sound devices have you used?

since you are on 8.1, it may be a bad USB port. I have had ports go bad on me. Is this a laptop or desk top? Which mobo or laptop are you using?

Make sure your power setup for the USB ports are not set to go off automatically. Disable that feature in your USB port settings.

That is a starting point - need more info on you system specs

Install drivers with the Axe turned off. Once installed, turn it on.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest you contact support.

does your USB port(s) have any problems with other USB sound devices? not normal USB devices. Which sound devices have you used?

since you are on 8.1, it may be a bad USB port. I have had ports go bad on me. Is this a laptop or desk top? Which mobo or laptop are you using?

Make sure your power setup for the USB ports are not set to go off automatically. Disable that feature in your USB port settings.

That is a starting point - need more info on you system specs
I have tried my RME UFX2 in that port and the pc finds it just fine. I can see it drop off the list and then reappear in device manager in real time - no dramas. Mobo is an asus z97k and computer is a desktop and i've turned off the sleep function on all the usb related equipment i could find.

I've taken to deleting the 2 drivers from the system32 folder that are fas related when i uninstall everything ready to try another install however there's only been one in there the last few times - fasusbaudio-axe-fxIII.sys

Install drivers with the Axe turned off. Once installed, turn it on.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest you contact support.
Rito, will try this. At some stage though it requests that you turn it on and this is point that fails for me as the pc can't see it so i get an error 105

Yeh i have. I managed to get it working for about a week recently but it shart after i started the pc with the axe fx already running. The pc will hang at startup if the axe fx is on. Almost like it's trying to boot from it. I've noticed this before but it hasn't worked since. Can you update the internal usb fw via midi?

Has just deleted everything and it is recognised a usb audio device with the yellow triangle. Properties for this says -
device cannot start code 10.
Indicates 2 revision levels are incompatible

I have this same motherboard and I have to use one of the two USB 2 ports next to the LAN port for my Axe-FX. None of the USB 3 ports would allow me to connect or update. No problems with my RME interface or my MOTU interface or control surfaces, but I've had failures updating several of my synths or my MIDI keyboard from any of those ports and had to switch to one of the USB 2 ports for them to work correctly.

I have this same motherboard and I have to use one of the two USB 2 ports next to the LAN port for my Axe-FX. None of the USB 3 ports would allow me to connect or update. No problems with my RME interface or my MOTU interface or control surfaces, but I've had failures updating several of my synths or my MIDI keyboard from any of those ports and had to switch to one of the USB 2 ports for them to work correctly.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried all the usb ports though. Trying anything i can to avoid a full reinstall of the OS. I'd been installing the 2014.06.06 driver as well as the current driver as i'd read somewhere that there was a few files that should be installing but Fractal just got back to me directly and said this is no good. Still no luck connecting.

If anyone else has anything to offer i'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom