Axe-Fx 3 Noob Question...Virtual Capo/Pitch Shift/Harmonizer...

eddyrox

Inspired
i play in 3 cover bands (Beatles:cool:, 80's;), Death Metal:fearscream:) and with singers of various vocal ranges. I'd like to use the AxeFx3 as the only amp.
As the sole guitar in all three, I'd like to confirm the following is possible:
1. inserting a virtual capo effect at the start (or end) of the chain to alter gtr's pitch to suit band/song/singer (without having to get a 7 string, or to detune a std tuned floyd guitar), D, Eb, C# tuning....
2. also insert a pitch shifter/harmonizer into the chain (for Iron Maiden solos, Ratt "round and round" solo, etc.)
3. I also like kill switches (not in my current J Custom or TAG super strats), and am wondering if the AxeFx3 has a monentary/kill switch block?

Sorry in advance for the stupid questions! Any help is greatly appreciated (and will help in my purchase of an AxeFx3)
Cheers!
mike

#3: I use the kill switch fx at end of Lenny kravitz’s are you goin my way ... pan/trem block, trapezoid LFO, set duty cycle to taste and I attach envelop follower to rate (don’t need to do this, just tapers the rate down). End of chain before reverb.

You can also assign a momentary switch to control volume at any number of places in your signal chain, so that it mutes when you step on it....

#3: I use the kill switch fx at end of Lenny kravitz’s are you goin my way ... pan/trem block, trapezoid LFO, set duty cycle to taste and I attach envelop follower to rate (don’t need to do this, just tapers the rate down). End of chain before reverb.
Man wish I thought of this earlier, I've been doing this with my LP by turning down the volume on the neck pickup and beating the hell out of my selector switch. Which isn't really a big deal but the next song in the set is Pearl Necklace which I play on my neck pickup. Don't know how many times I go to hit the first cord and silence, forgot to turn the volume back up...problem will now be solved with this trick!!

Back
Top Bottom