axe fx 3 in europe?

Yeah, that's ridiculous. You could probably almost fly to the US and and buy one for the same price.

Well,

flight from Europe to USA and accommodation: ca. 1000 Euro ( will be more ;-) )
AXE III 2499 $ and 8% tax = 2698,20 $ = 2165,19 Euro.
Returning to Europe (here Germany) you have to add approx. 23 % tax (value added tax and import tax) = 2663 Euro.
So your new AXE 3 will cost 3663 Euro.

And no warranty and support at all !

Last edited:
Well,

flight from Europe to USA and accommodation: ca. 1000 Euro ( will be more ;-) )
AXE III 2499 $ and 8% tax = 2698,20 $ = 2165,19 Euro.
Returning to Europe (here Germany) you have to add approx. 23 % tax (value added tax and import tax) = 2663 Euro.
So your new AXE 3 will cost 3663 Euro.

And no warranty and support at all !

Does FAS deliver to hotel addresses at all ?

Yeah, we like to complain about prices but then we also like having our social security, state retirement pensions etc. Those have to be paid for somehow, althogh G66 markup is nothing to be laughed at. To their credit though, every time I had to deal with them the customer service was top notch.
That saidf, I'm on the list. :) I sort of regret selling my Standard now, I could have started a collection with all generations in a rack. :D

That's a good point. But honestly it's cheaper to pay for a return flight to US and buy it there than buying through g66. Bit of joke isn't it...

That's a good point. But honestly it's cheaper to pay for a return flight to US and buy it there than buying through g66. Bit of joke isn't it...
If you believe this, then.... do it! Go in the US, enjoy the city you fly to, buy the Axe-Fx III. Get back and enjoy your units and hope to have no problem (and with this you are lucky since FAS units have so few problems)...
Seriously, at least wait to know the real price, until that moment it's only speculations....

Last edited:
Despite all mentioned facts: if you want to buy an axe in the Staates, you need a (US) credit card registered to an adress in the USA! That kills most likely everyone from Europe ...

We all know there´s freight costs, VAT, import duties that sum up. G66 isn´t ripping anybody off.
I tell you a little story: I had these XA-1+2 adapters lying around that I bought in 2014. I was simply too lazy to install them in my rack. In the meantime I sold my Mark I and MFC and bought the AX8. When I recently saw that G66 had this nice bag for the AX8 (half the price of the adapters) I offered Jacques at G66 my adapters as trade-in for a bag. He offered to take back the adapters for FULL REFUND...and I bought the bag. I actually gained about € 50.- !
Talkin´about customer service...

Unfortunately yes - you need a credit card with a US billing adress. Relatives or friends in the US willing to buy the axe for you would solve that problem!

I'd say this is necessary as long as the US and EU don't have a trade treaty that covers warranty questions and lawsuits.

Uh, no, not at all. There is no obligation now to provide warranty service in the EU even with a card with a US billing address. So they don’t need a treaty. A treaty would only make the situation worse for them, so with a treaty this could actually make sense. :)

Back
Top Bottom