Axe-Fx 3 forgot MIDI settings?

martijne

Inspired
Hello,

Something curious happened: my III forgot its MIDI settings. Channel back to one; all cc’s set back to none.

Anyone experienced this too? Any clues?

Last edited:
Hello,

Something curious happened: my III forgot its MIDI settings. Chanel back to one; all cc’s set back to none.

Anyone experienced this to? Any clues?
Did you recently update firmware or reset system parameters?

I’ve never had the Axe3 suddenly change anything without me changing anything.

^^ This

Or the battery has come loose. Easily checked by entering MIDI info and then restarting the unit.

Did you recently update firmware or reset system parameters?

I’ve never had the Axe3 suddenly change anything without me changing anything.

Nope - that’s why I found it so curious.

^^ This
Or the battery has come loose. Easily checked by entering MIDI info and then restarting the unit.

Checked it - switched it on and off, but the midi info is still here. Could the battery discharge when the III is unplugged for some days?

And in any case, big thank you guys for you prompt help & suggestions!!

Hello,

Something curious happened: my III forgot its MIDI settings. Chanel back to one; all cc’s set back to none.

Anyone experienced this to? Any clues?

I have noticed exactly the same 2 times, few weeks ago. Since then its stable.

Now it has happened again. It forgot all the midi settings and does not load the first preset name on startup. It does not remember the midi settings after powering down and up again. Is this a battery issue? Should I contact G66? Or can I simply replace one without voiding my warranty?

I’ve had this happen 6-7 times in total, with 2 units.

Were you sending any midi messages from your computer or a midi foot controller, at the same time that you booted up your III?

My troubles seem to be tied to an event such as this.

I always backup with Fractal Bot every time I play.

I would contact support... It may be the battery or it may not.
I sent an e-mail to Sussi from G66.

I’ve had this happen 6-7 times in total, with 2 units.
Were you sending any midi messages from your computer or a midi foot controller, at the same time that you booted up your III? My troubles seem to be tied to an event such as this.

Yes I suspect there is also a midi issue involved. The midi in light on the III was always on. And if i'd try learn mode, whatever button i would press on my LF+12+, the III would always use cc16 and then hang. CC16 is my expression pedal on external 1. When I unplugged that, the issue was gone. The LF+12+ would also boot strangely with flashing red status leds. I disconnected and reconnected the expression pedal, then the midi in light on the III was only reacting to real button presses. Also with the LF disconnected, the III would react normally and remember its settings.

Strange, isn't it?

Thanx a zillion for your help, guys!

Back
Top Bottom