Axe Fx 3/Focusrite 2i2

JakeFan59

Hey all…Right now I have my Axe Fx 3 hooked up and working great through my MAC. Speakers are AX 7’s.

I also record acoustic guitar through my Focusrite 2i2. When I want to play back through my speakers for acoustic I unplug them from the AFX and into the Focusrite.

Is there anyway to combine the units through a cable so I can leave the speakers the way they are (plugged into AFX) and still get playback from the 2i2?

Note: I do not want to run the AFX into the 2i2 and it’s preamps.

No biggie if not…I can keep doing what I’m doing. Let me know if there is an easy solution.

TY!!

It seems like your best bet would be to get a passive device that lets you select which output is being sent to your monitors.

I recently got a Coleman Audio LS3 and 4 short TRS cables to allow me to plug my Audient interface and my Axe FX 3 into my studio monitors without needing to physically switch which one is plugged in, now just a plug on the LS3 indicates which output is selected. It has worked insanely well and I would fully recommend it.

other options are the mackie big knob or the heritage audio baby ram. However, those introduced another volume knob and other features that I didn't care for, which is why I went with the LS3 because I like controlling output levels via the device, not another controller.

Last edited:
Hey all…Right now I have my Axe Fx 3 hooked up and working great through my MAC. Speakers are AX 7’s.

I also record acoustic guitar through my Focusrite 2i2. When I want to play back through my speakers for acoustic I unplug them from the AFX and into the Focusrite.

Is there anyway to combine the units through a cable so I can leave the speakers the way they are (plugged into AFX) and still get playback from the 2i2?

Note: I do not want to run the AFX into the 2i2 and it’s preamps.

No biggie if not…I can keep doing what I’m doing. Let me know if there is an easy solution.

TY!!
There's a guide to help you with this: See configuration #2 or #4 or #5:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/

It seems like your best bet would be to get a passive device that lets you select which output is being sent to your monitors.

I recently got a Coleman Audio LS3 and 4 short TRS cables to allow me to plug my Audient interface and my Axe FX 3 into my studio monitors without needing to physically switch which one is plugged in, now just a plug on the LS3 indicates which output is selected. It has worked insanely well and I would fully recommend it.

other options are the mackie big knob or the heritage audio baby ram. However, those introduced another volume knob and other features that I didn't care for, which is why I went with the LS3 because I like controlling output levels via the device, not another controller.
Thank You!!
That’s it…Ordering now….👍

Back
Top Bottom