Axe-Fx 3 .... Channels and Bypass States and Delay Spillover ?

ben ifin

Experienced
RESOLVED - See Post #8 Below

Hey all

Am setting up the Axe 3 with my BJ Devices TB-12 midi controller ..... although 2-way comms isnt there yet ...... so far:-

- P.C's are good via Midi
- CC's are good via Midi
- Scence Selection and/or Channel Selection is good via midi

2 quick : " Channel's" questions

a) when using midi to select my A B C D Channels, individual block bypass states wont stay bypassed ?

ie:- I have a Delay block which I want bypassed in A B and C but on in D .... no go .... is this "normal" ? .... Im have to using the Delay Mix parameter in the Channels A B and C
instead

b) although I have Spillover ON in Global, and I have Delay ON and working in D, when I switch back to A B or C there is no trails / spilover ?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Last edited:
a) Make sure to assign a different CC to block Bypass (MIDI/Remote > Bypass) resp. Channels (MIDI/Remote > Channels).

Bypass state and Channels are different things. You can't instruct a Channel to force the block into bypassed or engaged state when switching channels. That's what scenes (and presets) are for. Channels are limited to defining parameter values.

b) Spillover in the Global menu applies to switching presets (not channels or scenes). Spillover between Channels is the same as with X/Y: it works best when using the same settings in both source and target channels.

Last edited:
Hey all

Am setting up the Axe 3 with my BJ Devices TB-12 midi controller ..... although 2-way comms isnt there yet ...... so far:-

- P.C's are good via Midi
- CC's are good via Midi
- Scence Selection and/or Channel Selection is good via midi

2 quick : " Channel's" questions

a) when using midi to select my A B C D Channels, individual block bypass states wont stay bypassed ?

ie:- I have a Delay block which I want bypassed in A B and C but on in D .... no go .... is this "normal" ? .... Im have to using the Delay Mix parameter in the Channels A B and C
instead

b) although I have Spillover ON in Global, and I have Delay ON and working in D, when I switch back to A B or C there is no trails / spilover ?

Thanks in advance,
Ben
Re. Spillover. Delay trails will spillover when switching channels UNLESS you are switching between "normal" and tape delay. Tape Delay is a separate algorithm.

Re. Spillover. Delay trails will spillover when switching channels UNLESS you are switching between "normal" and tape delay. Tape Delay is a separate algorithm.

Probably user configuration error on my part, but I have an AC30 Pre-set at Scene 01 set as follows

Ch A - Clean 1 with no Digital Mono Delay
Ch B - Alt. Clean 2 with no Digital Mono Delay
Ch C - Alt. Clean 3 with no Digital Mono Delay
Ch D - Lead with Digital Mono Delay

Because I cant Bypass the Digital Mono Delay Block via Channels .... I have the Digital Mono Delay Block Engaged in all 4 Channels but for A, B and C I have the Delay Mix Parameter set to %0 and for D I have it at %12 ..... but when I switch from Ch D back to any other Ch, there is no Digital Mono spillover.

If it helps, Im using FW 1.12 and latest 6.29 Axe Edit.

Am I setting this up wrong ?

Thanks again,
Ben

I have the Delay Mix Parameter set to %0

there is no Digital Mono spillover.
if the Mix is set to 0%, then there is no delay to be heard. the block settings are real-time. you don't hear the trails from the "previous delay" because it's the same delay, but you're changing the Mix to 0%.

can you use Scene for this instead? that's why they were created.

if the Mix is set to 0%, then there is no delay to be heard. the block settings are real-time. you don't hear the trails from the "previous delay" because it's the same delay, but you're changing the Mix to 0%.

can you use Scene for this instead? that's why they were created.

You could adjust input gain instead of mix. That would allow trails to continue when ingain goes to 0%.

Ive set the Pre-Set up like a 4 Channel AC30 with different Amp settings in each Channel so Scenes wouldn't do the trick ...... however adjusting the Input Gain instead of the Mix did do the trick ..... :) .... Delays spillover perfectly now across all 4 Channels

Sincere thanks to all for the ideas / suggestions :)

Ben

Back
Top Bottom