Axe-Fx 3 as mixer?

fastgraham

Inspired
Currently I have an AX8 running through a digital mixer. I only have one guitar, one microphone and one keyboard going through the mixer. Could I use the AxeFx 3 for all? Could I put the microphone into one input, guitar into another and keys into a third bypassing the need for the mixer? Could I also record live the entire mix? I have a mic preamp. thanks

Currently I have an AX8 running through a digital mixer. I only have one guitar, one microphone and one keyboard going through the mixer. Could I use the AxeFx 3 for all? Could I put the microphone into one input, guitar into another and keys into a third bypassing the need for the mixer? Could I also record live the entire mix? I have a mic preamp. thanks
Yes.

yes, this is all possible. I find I'm happier using separate signal paths for separate things - I don't have to remember to add a bunch of new inputs & mixer blocks to every preset I download from @2112, etc.

if you're only recording, maybe consider running each of these signals into an input on a nice audio interface?

I want to use this live. Thinking guitar -> input 1. 2 mics -> input 2 through pre amp. Keys -> input 3. I don't use a lot of presents so no problem add the other lines. The keyboard will just be a straight line and vocals just adding reverb. These means I don't need a mixer.

Could I run USB -> MacBook GarageBand and just hit record to tape the entire set?

Plenty of outputs for mains and monitors.

I want to use this live. Thinking guitar -> input 1. 2 mics -> input 2 through pre amp. Keys -> input 3. I don't use a lot of presents so no problem add the other lines. The keyboard will just be a straight line and vocals just adding reverb. These means I don't need a mixer.

Could I run USB -> MacBook GarageBand and just hit record to tape the entire set?

Plenty of outputs for mains and monitors.
Should work...

Back
Top Bottom