Axe-Fx 3 and two Boss FS-5U

crdark

Experienced
I'm thinking about getting an Axe FX3 and have a few questions.

So it is possible to add two momentary switches (the Boss FS-5Us for example) to the expression jacks of the Axe FX3. If I understand correctly I will be able to assign them any function, that could be assigned to a switch of the FC6/12 footcontrollers?
So for example the first Boss switches between scene 1 and 2, the second between scene 1 and 3?
Is it also possible to use the hold function with external switches?

I'm thinking about getting an Axe FX3 and have a few questions.

So it is possible to add two momentary switches (the Boss FS-5Us for example) to the expression jacks of the Axe FX3. If I understand correctly I will be able to assign them any function, that could be assigned to a switch of the FC6/12 footcontrollers?
So for example the first Boss switches between scene 1 and 2, the second between scene 1 and 3?
Is it also possible to use the hold function with external switches?
You mention the pedal jacks on the Axe Fx but also refer to the function of stand in Switches on the FC.

While stand in switches can be any function of a normal switch on the FC, I don't think the same is true for the ones connected to jacks on the Axe Fx III. That applies to switches that are connected to the FC.

Also, the pedal jacks on the Axe Fx III only support a single switch per jack.

A single switch per jack is enough for me. But that would be a bummer if this doesnt work. I only need 2-4 switches for scene changes.

The alternative would be a small midi pedal, I guess?
The FC6 is very nice, but way too much (and expensive) for what I need.

I have to get back to my question ...

Is it possible to assign the input source of the multiplexer block to a control switch? Then my setup would be possible and I could just switch between my clean and distorted amp rows with an Boss FS directly attached to the Axe FX III.

I have to get back to my question ...

Is it possible to assign the input source of the multiplexer block to a control switch? Then my setup would be possible and I could just switch between my clean and distorted amp rows with an Boss FS directly attached to the Axe FX III.
Yes. You just attach a modifier to the input select parameter and then use the footswitch as the source for the modifier.

Back
Top Bottom