Axe FX 3 and Latency in Reaper

RatBastard

Inspired
I might be going crazy here, but I am noticing a tiny bit of latency in my recordings. When I'm jamming to EZ drummer it sounds fine, and when I record it it sounds fine, but when I play it back it's off just a hair. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so how did you resolve it? I am using the Reaper 6. I didn't notice this problem when I was on version 5 with the Axe FX 2. Any help would be appreciated.

The problem is worse for me in that it is intermittent. Some recorded takes are in sync, some are late by about 40 milliseconds. It appears to be random. I don't think it's an axe problem. More likely, a Reaper problem. I also never had this issue with Reaper five.

to "fix it" you can use the nudge feature in Reaper, but I don't have this latency issue here.
That's what I'm doing. I have the nudge box permanently open. But it is a PITA to have to listen to each clip after it is recorded to see if it needs nudging or not. If the problem were stable, I could at least use a fixed time offset. I really wish I had kept my Reaper 5 installation. I'm not sure if a project saved under 6 can be opened in 5.

Sometimes it can go crazy, and nothing lines up. But other than that, fine tune it: make a click track and play it through Axe input, see how much late it is. Adjust Reaper settings until you are bang on. (Preferences - audio - recording - input manual offset)

Sometimes it can go crazy, and nothing lines up. But other than that, fine tune it: make a click track and play it through Axe input, see how much late it is. Adjust Reaper settings until you are bang on. (Preferences - audio - recording - input manual offset)
Thing is, your not bang on. The problem comes and goes. you have to inspect every clip, every time. A global fix is not possible. I'm afraid that Reaper's bug list is growing faster than it is getting solved.

I'm assuming that it is a Reaper problem, not an Axe problem. I have no other audio interface to test at the moment.

Thing is, your not bang on. The problem comes and goes. you have to inspect every clip, every time. A global fix is not possible. I'm afraid that Reaper's bug list is growing faster than it is getting solved.

I'm assuming that it is a Reaper problem, not an Axe problem. I have no other audio interface to test at the moment.

I'm having the same issue with Reaper, but I'm using an RME Fireface as an interface. You can clearly see the the recorded items have different starting and ending points and of course this fluctuates. Super frustrating.

The worst i ever had was it didn't stay in sync with itself while reamping: the result was half a second shorter than the DI. True computer demon problem, went away with a reboot, thankfully.

@steadystate did you ever figure out anything with this? I'm dealing with what seems like the exact issue using Reaper 6.28, describing it further here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anyone-having-any-latency-issues-with-usb.137958/post-2091151

Tonight I plan on trying to get Reaper 5 going again to see if it behaves as expected.

I recently bought a few new parts for my computer and ended up reinstalling Windows. Even after that, the problem still occurs.
On the other hand, I did save my all my Reaper preferences because I had a few scripts and hotkeys that I didn't want to lose. So it might be something in my Reaper configuration that causes this. I tried to get some help on the Reaper forum a couple of weeks ago, no success though.

Back
Top Bottom