Axe fx 3 and external Sound interface together ?

aris17561

Hello , I am waiting my axe 3 to come and I planned to connect with usb but I have some stuff more so I wanted to use my focusrite 6i6 connected with the focal speakers too ... will I be able to play via usb with axe 3 and listen to the focal which would be connected with the focusrite ???

Thank you

Yes, either by directly connecting the AxeFX III by SPDIF or analog to the focusrite, or if you have a Mac , you can create an Aggregate Device in Audio Midi utility that wil link all your devices channels that you can access in your DAW. (It’s harder to do that with a PC, but can be done)

Spdif and analogs are being used by other devices ... If I connect the usb connection of axe 3 ? Will I be able to listen from focusrite ?

Spdif and analogs are being used by other devices ... If I connect the usb connection of axe 3 ? Will I be able to listen from focusrite ?

I think bradlake gave you the answer above ;)
Connect your computer and axe...make an aggregate device if you have a mac. That works. Had a similar setup with my Axe-Fx II and a Steinberg UR824.
I have no idea how to do it on a pc.

I have a pc and still I don't know if I can have both audio interfaces in one pc and work together . I mean axe fx 3 as an input device and focusrite as an output on order to listen what I play with the axe ...

Thank you so much ... one last thing. Have you made a conclusion through the years as fractal users about which is the best way of connecting your fractal in pc for recording ? Usb , spdif , or analog cables in your audio interfaces ?

Thank you .

I don’t use the axe fx as an audio interface, I have one and I’m very happy of the results with it, so for me it’s spdif and analog audio output. There is no better or worse solution, it’s a matter of practical results, of what you need or prefer and want to achieve. What’s better on paper like spdif doesn’t necessarily sound better, in fact it’s very difficult to hear a difference with the analog outputs f.i. As always, it’s personal and ymmv

Back
Top Bottom