Very nice Holdsworth tribute throughout. For me, your playing here and in all the other videos is so impressive. Thanks for sharing this one - made my night!

Sounds pretty good until you get to the synth scenes. IMO the synth in the Axe-FX III is still very poor. You can hear glitching and tracking artifacts throughout that section of the video. Hopefully one day the synth block will get some updates, but I think there are bigger fish to fry right now...

Thanks for providing such spot on reviews and tweaks of the Axe-Fx III. I am leaning alot from your posts and certainly respect the talent oozing from your digits.

The ambient preset was excellent. I modified it just slightly and am playing with it live tomorrow for some swells. Sounds unreal. Thanks a bunch for the starting point. The processing power of the Axe FX III is just perfect for thick ambient tones.

May I ask what the point of the two compressors was for the ambient tones though? They sounded like they clipped the sound so I turned them off. It sounded more crisp without them. Maybe I just don’t understand the use case. I’ve never had much luck with the use of compressors.

So it looks like you were playing multiple notes at once through the synth block. Is it polyphonic now?

Back
Top Bottom